Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant sit an watch everyone live and do everything i want to cs im just as normal as them n no1 will give me a hance so how the hell ami posedtoget out of it. no1 believes me weni sayi cnt doit anymore i dnt know how to get out of it nothin ican do to get out of it bt i cant be in it anymore i havt o do something.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just dno what to do howimsposed to help myselfj ust feel out of controln its f*cking scary.

·
Still Running
387 Posts
One day at a time is all I can handle, there's always something to say and no one to listen.

·
ISFJ
1,472 Posts
Baby Steps

Take it one day at a time, and most importantly, baby steps.

Start by making one small change in your life, something that is easy. For instance, I used to spend every free moment of mine shut in my room. I started going for walks, just to get out.

Then I started to say, "Hi" to people when I passed them in the park. Or because I like dogs, I'd ask dog-walkers about their dog. I liked that contact, especially to pet the dogs.

Finally I found something I wanted to learn, which was astronomy. I went to the local astronomy club meeting and basically sat there in silence. Everyone approached me after to get to know me a little bit. I didn't have much to say but it was great exposure, and felt good knowing none of those people were thinking anything bad about me.

That all happened over the span for a few years. So like I said, make one small change and go from there... Baby steps... Take it one day at a time.

~Peace my Friend~ :)

On a side note: I still feel like I'm missing out on life, I feel like you some days. There's so much I'd like to do, but I'm too anxious to do it. I hate seeing out happy people are because that's what I want. I did notice that when I started accepting my SA and being comfortable as a quiet, modest, guy... I felt happier and my Anxiety kicked down a notch. *shrugs* Just somethin' to think about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts