Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a long time, Ive been putting off activities that involve me going out of the house, because Im scared of people :um
what i dont like is being looked at- i keep getting the feeling that people are judging me badly.(esp in the area my family lives in- i tend to stick out so inevitably i get stared at, and it gives me more reason to believe that im being judged badly) Its come to a point where i only go out when i know there is less people out and about, and when i am in crowded places, i can't function properly cus im always worried how i will be precieved. sad, eh?

Is there ayone who feels this way when they are amongst people (being judged )? and is there anyone who has learned to cope with it? if so, please let me know how.

btw, I do CBT, but typical me, i forget to do the excercise sheets
:eyes yep- thats me

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think I've pretty much learned to accept it in public places (being shortsighted helps :roll ) but yet I rarely go out. I'm more concerned with being judged by people who know me (i.e. the neighbours) than by strangers who I'm unlikely to ever see again. If I could find a way to get out of the street without being seen, life would be sooo much easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts