Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't asked & hope not to need drugs but if I do get prescribed some, will they all be in tablet/capsule form?

I really cannot take tablets even if they are so small, they are the size of your little fingernail or even smaller. I just can't!

Can the drugs be in liquid form or any other kinda form? OR do you have any advice on how to take tablets?

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Can the drugs be in liquid form or any other kinda form? OR do you have any advice on how to take tablets?
With a really big gulp of water :lol

Seriously how do you eat?

You can always go to a compounding pharmacy if they have those in England. It'll cost you more, but they can make it whatever way you want...

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I struggle also, zoloft tablrts which are really small are pretty much the limit for me, anything larger and when I try to swallow them I simply cannot get them down. so lots of cutting hehe.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a really big gulp of water :lol

Seriously how do you eat?

You can always go to a compounding pharmacy if they have those in England. It'll cost you more, but they can make it whatever way you want...
Lol, I eat fine. I think it's just psychological. I once choked on a breakfast cereal (Nesquick chocolate balls). When I try and take a pill, my throat just closes up.

·
Banned
232 Posts
ask pharmacist about liquid versions, many tablets can be disolved under tongue or sucked in mouth

your pill swallowing phobia is fairly common, some crush them to a powder and mix with food

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Off the top of my head, I think some of the SSRIs (Prozac, Zoloft, and maybe a few others) can come in liquid forms. Mirtazapine has an orally disolving form called 'soltab'. And some of the benzos (I think Klonopin, Xanax, Ativan, maybe others) have orally dissolving forms which I've heard referred to as 'wafers'.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I haven't asked & hope not to need drugs but if I do get prescribed some, will they all be in tablet/capsule form?

I really cannot take tablets even if they are so small, they are the size of your little fingernail or even smaller. I just can't!

Advice on taking tablets: Just do it. Seriously, I used to be a big ***** about taking tablets, and I still have trouble with cow pills, but just "practice" (if that can even be used in this sense) will make it better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts