Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
i here it sometimes makes people more anxious. i have yet to try it. i kinda want to though. i just need to get my hands on some.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have zero anxiety when I smoke weed. Usually I just melt into whatever it is I'm relaxing on. I hear ya on this one.

·
pain helps a lot
141 Posts
i love that stuff!!! but i did get paranoid and had better chances of getting a panic attack if i was high in public. but i still used it for 15 years. quit cuz my husband didn't approve when we were dating, must really love him lol!!!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Cannabis indica dominant strains can help anxiety, probably due to the relatively high amount of CBD. Cannabis sativa dominants, on the other hand, you'd usually expect to exacerbate anxiety. Whatever the case, if you smoke weed too often the effects tend to change -- anxiety, depression, confusion & other negatives increase. Smoking weed to help SA is a bad idea IMO. Moderation is key, 'cept maybe if you have a highly indica strain.

For those with anxiety, I say get a nice stoney indica and chill yourself down. I hate sativas, but most people seem to rate weed purely on THC content. Indicas are the short plants, and very much valued for "medicinal marijuana".

Know your weed. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have a medical marijuana prescription (215), i only use it in small amounts to treat occasional nausea though, because it's always made me feel paranoid and causes me to be too cognitively impaired to function.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've smoked for about two or three years.

Positive symptoms:
-being bored is no longer an issue
-altered thought processes

Negative symptoms:
-paranoia
-anxiety
-panic attacks
-worsened SA overall

Quiting has the added benefit of making you a more interesting person as you get hobbies to entertain yourself instead of weed.

·
nm jc
451 Posts
Former Pot Smoker here

Made me depressed long-term and even more socially isolated.

The short-term euphoria was great though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's okay. If it's there, I'll have it. But I feel like it can sometimes make me see things clearer, and I hate that. One time last year, I was laughing which turned into crying so that wasn't good but I was also very stressed out at the time.

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
Had my first weed smoking experience today. I'm definitely one of those happy go lucky type of guys when high. Laughing my butt off at everything. It'd be something I'd have to do in moderation. My anxiety was a tad bit higher than noticeable especially seeing my mom right after I smoked so I had to hide the fact I was high. Stuff was strong too. Overall, wasn't bad though.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Cannabis indica dominant strains can help anxiety, probably due to the relatively high amount of CBD. Cannabis sativa dominants, on the other hand, you'd usually expect to exacerbate anxiety. Whatever the case, if you smoke weed too often the effects tend to change -- anxiety, depression, confusion & other negatives increase. Smoking weed to help SA is a bad idea IMO. Moderation is key, 'cept maybe if you have a highly indica strain.

For those with anxiety, I say get a nice stoney indica and chill yourself down. I hate sativas, but most people seem to rate weed purely on THC content. Indicas are the short plants, and very much valued for "medicinal marijuana".

Know your weed. You won't regret it.
I agree that indica is a lot better, but really any strain of weed will have me paranoid and withdrawn almost to the point of psychotic. I haven't used it recreationally in a long time, although a number of times since I've used some really potent purple kush to deal with kidney stones when I was out of painkillers, and it's very effective with that as well.

I REALLY wish there was a pure CBD product on the market, I think it shows a lot of promise as an anxiolytic, muscle relaxant, and painkiller, but the THC in weed even causes me to have bad trips (yes, actual bad trips, just like when you lose it on shrooms.) The idea that there's potentially a very effective anxiolytic already out there without the same dependence issues as benzos is frustrating!!

But I have self-medicated in the past with almost every illicit drug out there other than crack, meth, and PCP, which I have always promised myself never to touch. The stuff I've done includes LSD and other psychedelics, coke, MDMA, ketamine, and yes, even heroin a few times. And despite having experience with all these drugs I can honestly say that, from a personal perspective, cannabis is the hardest drug there is. I'm just completely incapable of handling it.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
But I have self-medicated in the past with almost every illicit drug out there other than crack, meth, and PCP, which I have always promised myself never to touch. The stuff I've done includes LSD and other psychedelics, coke, MDMA, ketamine, and yes, even heroin a few times. And despite having experience with all these drugs I can honestly say that, from a personal perspective, cannabis is the hardest drug there is. I'm just completely incapable of handling in it.
I couldn't handle cannabis either, it actually braught on panic disorder where i would have daily panic attacks and feelings of losing control for almost 6 months after use. Granted it was the only illicit substance I ever tried, because after the experience I thought, "if this is the soft drugs then to hell with the hard ones" lol.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I REALLY wish there was a pure CBD product on the market, I think it shows a lot of promise as an anxiolytic, muscle relaxant, and painkiller, but the THC in weed even causes me to have bad trips (yes, actual bad trips, just like when you lose it on shrooms.) The idea that there's potentially a very effective anxiolytic already out there without the same dependence issues as benzos is frustrating!!
Hemp contains high CBD and negligible THC. Smoking it may give you a headache, but there are other ways to get the contents into your bloodstream. It's a shame most people are only concerned with getting high off cannabis and no other qualities of the effects, the morons. Take a look at this.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/CannabidiolWonderDrug.html

Great site ^.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Hemp contains high CBD and negligible THC. Smoking it may give you a headache, but there are other ways to get the contents into your bloodstream. It's a shame most people are only concerned with getting high off cannabis and no other qualities of the effects, the morons. Take a look at this.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/CannabidiolWonderDrug.html

Great site ^.
Interesting. I wouldn't know where to get hemp even if I wanted to smoke it (which I don't, really.) I have a hemp t-shirt (maybe I should smoke that :)) and the quality and durability of the fiber really blows cotton out of the water. I'm not pro-weed by any means, like I said, I hate the stuff, but this whole prohibition of cannabis/hemp is just a farce. Hemp is just such an amazing industrial fiber and the fact that it's being so underutilized is sad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Makes me really anxious and paranoid sometimes when I'm with a group of people. I get convinced that there's stuff all over my face or my hair's really messed up and i look stupid. But sometimes it's Ok, and other times it's horrible, i've had a few horrible panic attacks where my heart beats at a ridiculous rate and i think i'm having a heart attack, but most of the time i'm ok, especially around a small group of people i trust.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Hemp comes from hemp seeds...
Not sure about the UK but you actually need a license to grow hemp or manufacture hemp products here... not that I'm really concerned about the legality, I've done all sorts of drugs in the past, but like I said, I wouldn't really want to be smoking hemp anyways.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts