Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you remember how your childhood like or any memory you recall in your childhood day? sorry if its some painful history that you have, please share if you feel comfortable .

I have a really sad childhood , which cause of my mental problem today...
I was mental abuse by my parent when i was 3-13 and i could recall what happen , and i would cry each time i recall some memory. After 13 i thought my mental problem is only because of low self- esteem , and yes low self esteem do affect me from 13 till today but now i found out its all those bad childhood affect me more than self esteem...

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I can actually remember some things from before I was 5, without anyone having told me. I remember when i was 3 and 4, i was in such a hurry to start going to school. I would constantly ask people all the time, when would i be able to start school? Years were so long back then. I thought I could turn peas into corn if i stared at it long enough. I also remember I would constantly steal my dad's hats and wear them all the time everywhere I went, because I hated my hair because I wanted long hair but always had a short haircut. I remember at our old house when i really wanted my room to be painted purple, and my parents did that for me as my birthday gift when I was 4. At our old house, we had photos taped all over the walls of most of the rooms, the walls were completely covered in photos. We listened to a lot of oldies songs and I would always make up my own words to all the songs. I was so much more creative back then. I would have more fun drawing my own stuff on the blank pages of the coloring books rather than actually coloring. I had this pair of jeans that i would always draw all over them, and then it would wash off every time my mom washed them, and then i would just do it again. I spent a lot of time looking for real smurfs, thinking i would find one somewhere. I remember not being able to tie my shoes until I was 10. I was deadly afraid to use any public or school bathrooms, all the way up until the 6th grade, and for a long time was afraid to close the bathroom door at home while i was using it. Up until the 3rd grade, i was like the highest in my class with pretty much everything. But then anywhere after that, i never did my homework anymore, because i was having problems at home and so many problems with kids at school being mean to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to say the perfect word to describe my childhood is "normal." It's especially fitting, considering the way my life plays out now, which is definitely not what you would call an average life for a 17 year old male.

My youth was filled with friendships. I was very popular and in fact, I was a natural leader. I didn't strive to be the one getting attention but it still came nonetheless; now, that is natural charisma. Life was fun and "not being good enough" was never a thought that entered my mind.

My self-esteem went downhill sometime during the later years of Elementary school (I'm Canadian so that's Grades 1-6.) Maybe low self-esteem and was a result of my fathers death, which happened when I was 12. I became a socially anxious wreck and lost all my former glory. I was now a complete opposite of my former out-going, popular self.

·
Banned
123 Posts
actually my childhood was pretty bad as*... i had childhood GF's and what not... even though i remember that my, old school, grandma showered me naked in front of a female i had a crush on. well i was like 7 years old, or younger, but she did. she was old school... lol... may she rest in peace. she did not do it on purpose though... is just that i guess i was dirty and i was not bathing myself... so she showered me because she thought i was not being responsible (maybe i was not). she did it when i had company... she did not care about all that... lol... the girl (female i had a fancy towards) saw me naked before i was even thinking of seeing her naked... hmmmm...in all, my childhood was fun.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Childhood was lonely, but I always thought the best was yet to come, so I was a happy kid. I had my first "girlfriend" at like six. Even though I didn't have the fancy toys and gaming systems other kids had, I felt like I always got what I wanted somehow. That's probably because my parents were, and still are, freakin cool.

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
Mine was full of arguments, but I was happier than I am now and without sa. I still wasn't carefree though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts