·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
---

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I think I have somewhere around 300 CDs. I'd have trouble posting all the artists I like because I wouldn't be able to decide where (that is, at what degree of liking) to stop including them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've never counted all my gbs, would be really hard. I like sth new every week, so can't keep track of my collection :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Holy crap you have a lot of music. I have around 40 gigs. And around 400 records. No way I could name all of the artists I listen to, though. It would take forever.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I have 23 gigabytes of music, most of which I physically bought from a store.

The artists I'm into:

ABBA, Animal Collective, The Apples in Stereo, Arcade Fire, Bauhaus, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Beirut, Belle & Sebastian, Bjork, Black Lips, Bloc Party, Blondie, Blur, Bob Dylan, Bright Eyes, Bruce Springsteen, The Buzzcocks, The Byrds, Cat Stevens, The Chameleons UK, The Clash, Cocteau Twins, Conor Oberst, The Cramps, The Cribs, Crystal Castles, The Cure, Cursive, Daft Punk, The Damned, The Dandy Warhols, David Bowie, Dead Kennedys, The Dead Milkmen, The Decemberists, Depeche Mode, Desaparecidos, Duran Duran, Echo & the Bunnymen, Elekibass, Elf Power, Elliott Smith, The English Beat, Erasure, The Faint, The Fall, Final Fantasy, Fischerspooner, The Flaming Lips, Fleet Foxes, The Four Tops, Franz Ferdinand, Fugazi, The Futureheads, Gang of Four, Gary Numan, Generation X, Gin Blossoms, Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Go! Team, Goldfrapp, Graham Coxon, Guns N' Roses, Heavenly, Iggy & The Stooges, Interpol, Iron Maiden, Islands, The Isley Brothers, The Jackson 5, The Jam, Jane's Addiction, Jarvis Cocker, Jenny Lewis, Jens Lekman, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Joanna Newsom, Jose Gonzalez, Journey, Joy Division, Justice, Kate Bush, The Killers, Kings of Convenience, The Kinks, Klaxons, The La's, Ladytron, LCD Soundsystem, Led Zeppelin, The Libertines, The Long Blondes, Los Campesinos!, Lou Reed, Love, MIA, The Magnetic Fields, Manic Street Preachers, Martha & The Vandellas, Marvin Gaye, MGMT, Michael Jackson, Mika, Ministry, The Miracles, The Modern Lovers, Morrissey, My Bloody Valentine, My Chemical Romance, My Morning Jacket, The National, Neutral Milk Hotel, New Order, New York Dolls, Nick Cave, Nick Drake, Nirvana, Oasis, Of Montreal, Okkervil River, The Olivia Tremor Control, Orange Juice, OMD, Panda Bear, Patrick Wolf, Pavement, Pet Shop Boys, Pink Floyd, Pixies, Primal Scream, Prince, Psychedelic Furs, Public Image Ltd., Pulp, Radiohead, The Replacements, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, Rilo Kiley, The Rolling Stones, Roxy Music, Rufus Wainwright, The Runaways, Ryan Adams, Sigur Ros, Simian Mobile Disco, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Sisters of Mercy, Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Sparks, Stevie Wonder, The Stone Roses, The Strokes, (London) Suede, Sufjan Stevens, The Sugarcubes, Sunny Day Real Estate, Supergrass, The Supremes, Syd Barrett, T.Rex, Talking Heads, Television, Television Personalities, The Temptations, The The, They Might Be Giants, Tullycraft, TV on the Radio, Type O Negative, Ultravox, The Unicorns, Vampire Weekend, The Velvet Underground, The Vines, Visage, Weezer, The White Stripes, The Who, Wilco, Wire, X, X-Ray Spex, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Zombies

Edit - Sorry it's so long.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
300+ Artists at 27.2 gig of music.

Edit: Forgot about my downloaded music which makes the total closer to 400+ Artists at 29.1 gig of music.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
686MB [9 artists, 10 albums]

I just got a new laptop so this will increase soon, but to probably only 10 or 15GB at max.

The only bands/artists I listen to that much anymore are:
Anubis Gate, Bruce Dickinson, Circus Maximus, Communic, David Valdes, Edenbridge, Hibria, Icarus Witch, Michael Angelo Batio, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, Therion, and Týr.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Only have about 8 gigs, but I've been furiously deleting songs that I don't really like anymore. And I also have lots of cds I havent ripped (tapes too). I'm looking for a way to export all the artists to a file and if I find a way, I'll post them. But I ain't gonna sit there and try to type them out by hand. I have a program called tag & rename for editing mp3s and thought it had a way of doing this but not sure.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
150gb :\

Kinda a lot. Mainly 'cos of my slight OCD tendencies and the ease at which i can aquire music... i find an artist i like and within a few days i've downloaded all their albums plus b-sides, side projects, and already started listening to any other bands that are similar.

I'm not sure how much of it i actually listen to and like. Maybe 50gb or so? I do buy the stuff i really like though.

Would take way too long to list them all.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I currently have 628 artists and 56.2 gb on iTunes, with about 400 albums I have yet to add.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
686MB [9 artists, 10 albums]

I just got a new laptop so this will increase soon, but to probably only 10 or 15GB at max.

The only bands/artists I listen to that much anymore are:
Anubis Gate, Bruce Dickinson, Circus Maximus, Communic, David Valdes, Edenbridge, Hibria, Icarus Witch, Michael Angelo Batio, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, Therion, and Týr.
Wow, that's a short list compared to others. I think I may well be the only one with a shorter list than you. And I've only heard of two of those on your list.

Symphony X -- I have their "Paradise Lost" CD but only listened to it once last year. I recall it got exceptional reviews that led me to buy it, but after one listen I apparently wasn't impressed. I should get it out and give it another listen -- maybe it will grow on me, taking a few listens to truly appreciate.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
My iTunes music folder is 83.6 gb. I also have CDs in the US that I haven't uploaded, but not many. Listing all the artists would take FOREVER.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Wow, that's a short list compared to others. I think I may well be the only one with a shorter list than you. And I've only heard of two of those on your list.

Symphony X -- I have their "Paradise Lost" CD but only listened to it once last year. I recall it got exceptional reviews that led me to buy it, but after one listen I apparently wasn't impressed. I should get it out and give it another listen -- maybe it will grow on me, taking a few listens to truly appreciate.
Paradise Lost is unremarkable, especially compared to their neo-classical/progressive material. The latter (band's earlier albums: 1997-2000) have much less heavy/simple riffs and is way more classical influenced. Listen to this song

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Paradise Lost is unremarkable, especially compared to their neo-classical/progressive material. The latter (band's earlier albums: 1997-2000) have much less heavy/simple riffs and is way more classical influenced. Listen to this song

1 - 20 of 23 Posts