Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For most of my life, if I'm alone and just doing my own thing, - even if I'm feeling really depressed or worried about something I can often just make myself happy, like literally force myself to the point where I'll start laughing and grinning. And it usually lasts for a while, too. I'm not sure if it's a coping mechanism or what, but it works even better when I have something to look forward too as small as a good meal that night or a television show coming on ~ I can literally be soooo excited for that one little thing, and it helps...

Just curious if others do something similar, hopefully this makes sense. xD

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I can not relate, but it's something I'll start trying. At best, I can see positives and humor in many things, but I don't use that ability enough, I guess =P

On another note, this thread reminds me of a video that always makes me laugh (the guy that made the video mentions happiness being a choice in his comments):

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can not relate, but it's something I'll start trying. At best, I can see positives and humor in many things, but I don't use that ability enough, I guess =P

On another note, this thread reminds me of a video that always makes me laugh (the guy that made the video mentions happiness being a choice in his comments):
Haha. DOUBLE RAINDOWWW ALL THE WAY.

Tbh, that guy just sounds kind of high, I definitely don't sound like that. xD

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
If I reach out (or down I guess) to my nether regions, I can gain quite a lot of solace by spending time there with the one I hold dear....

but seriously I am an introvert and have entertained myself for 50 plus years, quite easily

1 - 6 of 6 Posts