Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on 10mg lexapro, however sometimes i forget to take it some days, but how much effect if i forget it because i dont want it to interfere with my studies and learning at uni.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hard to tell, yes and no. I've skipped days on anti-depressants and felt fine while on others I have felt terrible. It mostly depends on the individual and the medication's half-life.

Just take your scheduled next dose as normal.

·
Banned
232 Posts
its best to use a 7 compartment pill box with 1 for each day of the week, makes it easier to see if you took todays pill

deliberately missing a dose usually does more harm than good
experiment by taking it at different times of the day or night

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
How soon the withdrawl like syndrome will kick in is usually half life dependent, for this reason missing a dose of effexor which has a relativly short half life can cause withrdawl like symptoms. Seeing as lexapro has a moderate half life of 27–32 hours, youd probly be best not to skip it for more than 1 day at a time.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
its best to use a 7 compartment pill box with 1 for each day of the week, makes it easier to see if you took todays pill
That's what I use. It drives me nuts to wonder "did I take pill X or not today?" With a pill box I don't have to wonder. I have a whole collection of them as pharmacies love to give them away free so you have the pharmacy name on the thing as an ad always staring at you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts