Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week I have seen this boy every-time I walk through the halls from 3rd to 4th and 6th to 7th period. I've never seen him before so I assume he's a freshman, which would explain why we don't have any classes together. He also has a freshman class, art, so...

Well, anyway, he just looks so sad and depressed, lonely... kinda angry, like he wants to set the school on fire o-o And I just want to talk to him, you know, say hi while passing him in the hallway. But he doesn't know me although I always make sure to walk close to him so that he sees me and I've caught him looking at me twice... I just think it would be weird if someone you don't know randomly says hi when you're walking past them. I've had people do this to me in school and on the streets. I've been told by everyone that I have a sad or angry face, so people are usually saying "hi" and/or "are you ok,?" (sometimes if it's an adult they even call me sweetie -.-). And it's always when the hall/street is fairly empty but when I see this boy, it's like rush hour traffic, high school version -.- ...

So should I talk to him? I haven't seen him at lunch. Of course, I only started looking for him today and I didn't see him, but of course it's because he was absent -_- Thanks for any responses :)

·
The Lonely Cowboy
707 Posts
This is going to sound creepy but I would suggest following him one day and finding out where his locker is. Then one day you could lean against his locker and pretend to text and wait for him to put his books away and he'll be forced to say "excuse me". When he says that, you stab him three times in the throat.

No don't do that. But you could take his "excuse me" and snowball it into a conversation somehow!

·
Registered
595 Posts
maybe you should fake fall right infront of him so that hell help you get up (hopefully hell help you up)

hope you dont get trampled over, i know how ppl are in highschool. i remeber i droped a couple hundred papers in the hallway and its like half the ppl in the school trampled over em, they acted like they wernt even there.

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
if you really want to talk to him, if you see him looking sad or angry, ask him if he's doing alright. i am sure he might give you the few seconds of time of his day to respond. if his response is not positive enough, i would try a few more times after (with time between tries). it might show him that someone does care (maybe) about him and he might open up. if he's a freshman, he's probably trying to keep a low profile, like i did in school.

of course, nobody said anything to me, just proceeded to pick on me, but in your case, it might open him up for possible friendship. i am sure he could use the help from people in higher grades.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you pass him in the hallway, just smile and acknowledge that he is there...eventually he will start to notice that you pass each other all the time and then you have something to open with when you do talk to him.

Just keep doing what you're doing...look for him at lunch, after school or at his locker and try to start a conversation. Start with "I've seen you a lot walking through the halls and just wanted to say hi" and let the conversation go from there...Starting is hard (believe me I know!) but I've found its much easier than keeping it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts