Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have frustration and Coping with social anxiety sections, but their basically the same. People just ranting. Why can't coping be more of a advice section? Because I see a thread with something I'm interested in. But find 20 posts of people whining about their situation. And maybe 2 or 3 posts with some constructive posts.

Maybe the description should be changed?

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
the title wouldn't make any difference if it was for a general section on social anxiety. people will always have stuff to want to rant about and i don't blame them and can certainly relate, i know i sure did especially after the first while i joined as i never told anyone about it and had never met others with it.

the threads in 'coping with social anxiety' tend to be more intended for open discussion where they might have a question or asking others' experiences and are centered on SA. 'frustrations' is specifically for the poster to rant about whatever crap that has been bothering them, just to let it all out and can be more general than just SA.

i don't see any problem with them.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know people just have problems separating the two, frustration I understand if people want to vent. But more then 70% in coping are exactly the same. Just think it's a big flaw in this website that's all.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
"Whining", is a form of coping because you're relating with that person's situation which might make that person feel better. I highly doubt it would change anything even if there was just an advice section.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Coping is learning to deal with things.
Frustration is when it doesn't work out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts