1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
Yup, I had to take a couple days off of this site, it was getting to me

·
Stan the Man
6,433 Posts
Can this place make you depressed? Yes, very much so. Especially if you don't have the right frame of mind at the moment. I had to get away for a while for this very reason.

·
Banned
974 Posts
I try to keep positive posts. Most of my troubles i keep on pms so not everyone has my problems to read. So depressing i am on the inside.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I got depressed when people(site users) openly called me a liar, but also amateur psychologists offering "play diagnosis" for a laugh based on tearful posts full of typos made me leave the site for a couple of weeks, but I still lurked,(compulsive depressive) heh, like the mods say, if a post or something offends or disturbs or depresses? you, just report it?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm new to this site, but yeah, I can see how it can get you down. I've typically tried to steer away from forums like this because there is a lot of material that can get you down. But the positive stuff people are doing is great to see.

·
Certified Loner
119 Posts
Most definitely.
I mostly just come here to hopefully talk to people/make connections(don't ask how it is going).
But if it helps some people, then obviously it's worth it.
Cheers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm new, but I can see how it would. I do find it depressing when people list their meds on the signature line like badges of honor.

I try to avoid the venting and focus on the positive threads. I usually go straight for the Triumphs forum.

·
The Well Mannered Bandit
59 Posts
Like jpb said it's probably a bad idea to go to those areas lol
I usually just go to the chat (that's been pretty fun so far) or go in threads that are more lighthearted, like the ones in entertainment or triumphs

·
Mutual Sufferer
169 Posts
The same way rehab makes one wish to go back to drugs.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
If anything, this place relieves my depression.

It certainly doesn't cause it.

Honestly, if this site is making you depressed, all I can think is "you're doing it wrong".

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
i think perhaps..
but the most of my feeling is that u can relate ur feelinfgs with others as well ..i feel that m not alone here who has sorts of deression n anxiety..people do relate u with samefeelings....

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1

Some of the stories people share here have sad endings. On the upside, I don't feel so alone with this disorder. That is the one positive thing for me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If anything, this place relieves my depression.

It certainly doesn't cause it.

Honestly, if this site is making you depressed, all I can think is "you're doing it wrong".
Yeah, this place reminds me that it's not just me and that they're a lot of people out there like me. I don't want to sound rude but I visit the frustration section for a good laugh...thinking to myself, that's totally me :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts