Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have drug inducded psychosis well not really the illness but I do smell things that are not there and I was wondering if its ok to take a stimulant for my depression since thats the cause of my hallucinations?

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Yes

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I know a friend who has schizophrenia and is prescribed Desoxyn + high dose Seroquel along with benzos and antidepressants. Last I heard she was doing really well with that combination. Having psychosis does not banish you from ever being able to take stimulants. You just need to mix your stimulant with an anti-psychotic to control the positive symptoms, that's all.

·
Fluctuating
1,353 Posts
I know a friend who has schizophrenia and is prescribed Desoxyn + high dose Seroquel along with benzos and antidepressants. Last I heard she was doing really well with that combination. Having psychosis does not banish you from ever being able to take stimulants. You just need to mix your stimulant with an anti-psychotic to control the positive symptoms, that's all.
+1
although polypharmacy can be outrageously expensive as im sure you know.
But hell if i had full blown schizophrenia i dont think i'd mind all that much what i was on. So long as it was doing its job and improving quality of life.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
+1
although polypharmacy can be outrageously expensive as im sure you know.
But hell if i had full blown schizophrenia i dont think i'd mind all that much what i was on. So long as it was doing its job and improving quality of life.
Yes, it costs me a total of ~$50/month for all my meds combined, only cause my Zopiclone aint covered =(

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Amphetamine is an excellent treatment for the negative symptons of shizophrenia, combined with a low dose of a atypical it will NOT make psychosis worse in any way.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Shire is currently doing trials with amphetamine for negative shizophrenia symptons with excellent results when combined with a atypical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts