Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know I guess my shyness still stems from that one day in Kindergarten class. It was last time I remember really being talkative. About 17 years ago. That day was no fun for me. Its the only thing I can even remotely think of that could of created this shyness problem. Funny thing is talking is what caused it all. Here is how it went.

In my first year of school. One day early in the school year we had a substitute teacher for a day or two. Me and 2 others got in trouble for "talking". She made us put our noses in circles on board for a few minutes then she said for us to sit down, but that excluded me. I asked why and she wanted me to stay there longer for that. I got mad and refused telling her it wasn't fair and then she made fun of me. Everyone laughed. I started to get upset and she made fun of that as well and I started crying and with that another joke and more laughing then she got mad. She was just mad at me then though and pretty much her and another teacher or two dragged me out of the room. I don't think I stopped crying for a few hours.They carted me to different classrooms I was upset most of that time as well though and didn't want to goto another classroom. I don't think I have ever been the same since then though. I didn't talk to anyone in my kindergarten class at all after that. When I tried to play on playground other kids from my class didn't want me to follow them or be around them. I eventually just sat against the wall at recess alone and one day starting playing games with guidance counselor at recess outside. First grade was just as bad. I had that same substitute for that day in Kindergarten as my teacher all year long and I hated that year. 2nd grade wasn't much better as that teacher didn't like talking and by the time I got to 3rd, 4th, 5th grade most noone I knew said much to me at all and I got used to it I guess as they were the same kids from the years before that I had the same classes with. I thought Middle school would be a time for change. 7th grade there was one girl that was nice to me and tried to talk to me. I thought High School would finally present a change in my ability to talk to people. High School was mostly just painful silence day in and out. I wanted to talk, but noone even wanted to talk to me then though. I sat alone at lunch everyday until I graduated. I tried to sit next to some kids one day or two different days and they just moved away from me. So alone I was til I graduated and then it really hit me. That I would never see or talk to anyone that I wanted to talk to in school ever again. I went to Community College for a year or two after that and well. That is when I started noticing little things. I was afraid of talking to anyone. I never liked confrontation with teachers. One teacher that locked the door every time anyone was late and they had to knock and enter the room. I just skipped the class if I was late after a few times of it. Wanting to avoid it. There are other things as well like group activities in the classes. I just skipped those days as well. I had become avoidant of every little thing. Its a reason why I am not in school today. It was two years ago since then and I think I am finally starting to become more normal. I still haven't got a job or a girl yet though. I have always had my eye on this one girl though. I would do anything to get her to go out with me. She is amazing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had a very similar story. Teacher humiliated me after that I got panic attacks whenever I had to speak publicly

·
Registered
728 Posts
your story is not much different than mine, though I experienced my day later in school. I had a very bad experience with a substitute teacher and the class that after that I became self conscience that i wouldn't talk or express myself anymore. It wasn't the only thing that caused my SA, I look back and see a shy kid that was awkward way back in Kindergarten, i wasn't so self conscience back then though.

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
That was terrible of her. Some people shouldnt be teachers.

It's good that you are getting better. Try to move on if you can. You can't have that woman's behaviour dominate any more of your life.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wish i remembered what caused me to be so shy at school. I keep thinking there must have been some incident when i first started school that sparked it but i can't remember what. Then again maybe nothing caused it :|:blank

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
I f**kin hated school. Some of my teachers were okay and some of them were just diks and b**ches. You should just be damn proud of yourself that you made it through 12 grades of education and then pressed on to further your education. That's amazing.

I remember kindergarten. My teacher was actually very nice though, she knew I was very poor and she always gave me things..like a winter coat. I didn't have any friends. I remember being really shy and alot of the other kids picked on me alot for my clothes and my knotty hair that I never brushed. One memory in particular was when I was sitting on this swing at recess and these two girls came up to me and they both wanted to swing together but their were only two swings that were next to eachother. They told me that they would be my friends if I gave up the swing, of course I did and as soon as I got off the swing they continued picking on me and I had to leave so I could go cry.

Anyways, I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's really f**cked up and it's not your fault.

There are people in this world that look back at highschool as the best time of their life, there are people in this world that look back at highschool as the worst time of their life and their are people that never even walked through the highschool doors. You my friend, made it through and now your moving on, making something of yourself, working towards something to better yourself. Screw those f**kers, they are the ones who are without.

"Came to do what you love and f**k the rest"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts