Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone! I've been on internet-bought Nardil for a while and felt it triggered mood swings.

My Pdoc recommended Abylify, but I'm hesitant. Nardil works on Dopamine, Abilify also works on Dopamine.I'm confused and wonder if they contradict or potentiate each other?

Thanks in advance! Any opinion would be appreciated!

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
I tried an atypicalantipsychotic low dose while on MAOi- Parnate... At low doses the antipsych tend to raise Dopamine. I was verry tired the first days on it, but then it leveld out... MAOIs tend to raise Serotonin primly but also Norad/Dopa...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you sir!
I'm all the more confused! You said At low doses the antipsych tend to raise Dopamine, but is raising Dopamine good for one's mood leveling?

You finally went with Solian/amisulpride. Thank you for telling me this. But at what dose?

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Thank you sir!
I'm all the more confused! You said At low doses the antipsych tend to raise Dopamine, but is raising Dopamine good for one's mood leveling?

You finally went with Solian/amisulpride. Thank you for telling me this. But at what dose?
At low doses some antipsychotics raises dopamine/dopamineagonist. At higher doses such to treat Schizophrenia they block/antagonist Dopamine.

Yes/sometimes Dopamine is good for mood, so one could always try.

With the Solian i dosed around 12.5mg-200mg/day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aha, thank you for your kind help! Tomorrow I'm gonna disuse Abilify and take 100mg of Solian instead

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Apart from Solian, WHAT dosage of Abilify is good for me?
Whats your problem/symtoms/diagnos?

100mg Solian is to much try 25mg instead...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear friend:
My symtoms incllude GAD,depression,schzoid personality disorder,
All the treatment failed, so I bought Nardil online at a very expensive price.
But it triggered bipolar-like symtops, so I', choosing a mood leveling agent that chould also adrress my personality disorder.
Please continue to offer advice!

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
15-30mg Abilify is normally used then... Im not sure Solian at low doses should be used, It's used in higher doses for that, but that also loses the Dopamine effect.

I would stick with the Abilify.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Take it whatever the hell you want, but stay away from cheese, and am not talking about the one in your fridge.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, watertouch:
Thank you for your prompt reply!
Nardil works on Dopamine, Abilify also works on Dopamine.I'm confused and wonder if they contradict or potentiate each other?

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Hi, watertouch:
Thank you for your prompt reply!
Nardil works on Dopamine, Abilify also works on Dopamine.I'm confused and wonder if they contradict or potentiate each other?
Abilify is a weird medicin, it can raise Dopamine when it is low, or it can lower it when it is high... But yeah it could potentiate the Dopamine effect from Nardil. For me i got tired... Not sure how it will work on your schzoid symtoms...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, watertouch:

cry cry cry! i should take 15mg of Abilify for mood stablelization:(

Another question is I know Abilify can augment antidepressants. But at a higher (say 15-30mg)will the augmentation effect be lost?

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Hi, watertouch:

cry cry cry! i should take 15mg of Abilify for mood stablelization:(

Another question is I know Abilify can augment antidepressants. But at a higher (say 15-30mg)will the augmentation effect be lost?
Maybe, you could always try, but you don't i guess want it to trigger Schizoid symtoms.. I dont know how severe that is for you, seeing shadows n such or if it gets really bad...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Have you tried prozac with zyprexa ?
This combination is the only FDA aproved for
Treatment resistant depression with some mood stabilization benefits( zyprexa)
And anti schizophrenic benefits (zyprexa)

Another option you might wanna try is Parnate with low dose of seroquel.
In my personal experience Parnate was more tolirable and effective than Nardil.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you, dear Konami"

I definitely heard of symbyx and really wanted to try it. But you know what? I cannot bear the weight gain!
Honestly speaking, I also have gender identity disorder,though I'm straight acting to fit Chinese culture.My biggerst dream is to find a same sex lover, but gay culture here is intensely visual.I don't have a nice face, but i don't want to have a chubby body! So I avoided zyprexa

·
Registered
565 Posts
I hear you man.
Symbyax could def cause weight gain. Although if taking prozac and zyprexa
Separately you can have more control on the dosege.
e.g 2.5 zyprexa and 60mg prozac. Chances for massive weight gain in this case are lower than with symbyax(6mg zyprexa 25mg prozac )
Also, prozac for many ppl causes weight loss so I think this combo eventually will be a weight natural.

Anyhow, I think you should be on a low dose of AP\ MS and antidepressant.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
something extremely strange about me

Hi,friend:

There is something extremely strange about me. Be it Litium, Carmazepine, or Lamictal, they all cause anger and agitation.It seems only antidepressants can ease them (but the antidepressants cause excessive compulsive behavior).

Today I increase Abilify to 30mg and took Nardil 45mg and am feeling very good!

Thank you for reading my message and also I want to know the mood stablizer and anger thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts