Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, considering the demographic is 18-24 and all and 24 is close to that age, can it also be considered early 20s as well?

·
Irretrievably Lost
2,868 Posts
Isn't there another thread about this?

IMO 24 is not early 20s. It's 4+ years deep into your 20s, that's the mid point. You're at or past the mid point now. You are officially elderly.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,027 Posts
It is just a number, don't let it define you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Isn't there another thread about this?

IMO 24 is not early 20s. It's 4+ years deep into your 20s, that's the mid point. You're at or past the mid point now. You are officially elderly.
You get 10 years for your 20's, the mid point is 25.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,027 Posts
The midpoint of 1 and 10 is actually 5.5. 1+10 = 11, 11/2 = 5.5.
0 and 9, would be 4.5

For 20 and 29:
20+29 = 49, 49/2 = 24.5

The midpoint of 0 and 10 is 5, which is where the confusion often occurs. Like when you grab a measuring tape, you will notice it doesn't usually include 0 but it is implied as the first inch is displayed an inch in (if you are in the US). If we were to include 30 as part of the twenties, then the mid point of your twenties would be 25. Considering there are so many months past 29 you could get really close to 30 though, so one may as well consider it 25 they want to. I consider the mid point to be typically into 24,34,44, etc considering age, weather, or other vague terms. I don't get too far into detail because the term itself is generally meant to be pretty vague and ambiguous.

----------------
24 can be considered to be early twenties, or if it is the weather people could consider it low twenties. It really depends on perspective, not mathematics because it really is not a matter of mathematics it is more cultural. For me, 24 still seems young, I suppose it all comes down to perspective.

What matters is that you don't let it define you, do not let it put limitations on you or think you are too old to change. Being mid twenties does not turn you into a statue, forever stuck and unable to progress.

·
SAS Member
43,979 Posts
Probably hundreds of them. SAS is one of those places where the same oddly specific threads show up over and over and over again. Months, years, decades apart.

I made basically this exact thread several years ago:

But I think they meant another thread recently maybe by the same poster and yeah I think there was because I remember different responses but I'm too lazy to look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts