Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to call into work tomorrow because my brother has an extra ticket for a red sox game. i been working at this job for 2 years and i havent called in yet. even when i am sick and not feeling well i still go in and work through it. whenever i think about calling in i feel guilty because im not like dying from being sick. but then i look at it and there are people at my work that call in like every other day. how do you deal with calling in sick? do you feel bad about it like i do?

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I've called in sick when genuinely sick, and I lied about having a stomach bug when the truth was I was too miserable and depresssed to go in. Yes, I hate, hate hate calling in, whether I'm lying or telling the truth. But it's a great feeling when you put the phone down and savour your freedom :)

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
If I want to take a mental health day I just tell my supervisor that I got to help my dad or mom. He is Persian and believes family is very important so he has no problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've called in sick when genuinely sick, and I lied about having a stomach bug when the truth was I was too miserable and depresssed to go in. Yes, I hate, hate hate calling in, whether I'm lying or telling the truth.
Exactly the same here. But I've had extreme difficulty with calling up at all. I hate talking on the phone generally, but having to give bad excuses is terrible. More often than not I've just stayed away. Which has led me into a lot of trouble. I could never get myself to say that I was too anxious and depressed to leave my house, so it's been one lame excuse after another. They probably all thought I was just a lazy bum or on drugs.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Yeah, calling in can be a bit of a pain. I've only done it once, when I was actually quite ill and literally almost unable to get out of bed without collapsing.

What kind of job do you have? Do you end up talking to a secretary or your boss when you call in? At my old job, my boss was busy all the time, so I just talked to his secretary when I called. It was a good deal, since I make it a point to make friends with the secretaries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts