Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I definitely need to avoid caffeine forever. I thought I could tolerate it better lately but now I don't think so. I had 1 glass of Coke (probably around half a can TBH) 2 days ago and yesterday I definitely had a headache quite a bit which felt to me like a caffeine-related one. Not to mention I felt anxious (not exactly anything new in it itself...) but in a certain way that felt like it was caused by caffeine. Even today I woke up and I swear I had a bad feeling in my head that reminded me of caffeine and how it messes my head up. I blame the Coke because I slept reasonably well and it didn't feel like a lack of sleep headache. And this is from maybe... 200ml if that, 2 whole days ago.

Does anyone else get such extreme reactions to caffeine? It can't be normal to feel it quite like that, can it? I also sweat somewhat profusely and predictably from under my arms a few minutes after having caffeine. I even think it makes me sweat more some days after...

I know caffeine isn't meant to be good for anxiety, but it really seems to affect me worse than it should.

Worse altogether though, is tea. I described this to people on another site and they seemed rather surprised. Basically, it turns me into a complete wreck. Where caffeine might make me irritable, sweaty, give me a headache etc... tea seems to just go far deeper than that.
It feels like it goes deeper into my head and gives me a horrible hazy feeling and I feel less... "in control" than with caffeine. Headaches are much harder to ignore. I get sort of shivery all along from my mouth down to my stomach and just feel terrible.
Where the after-effects of caffeine are unpleasant and inconvenient, tea is like a "bad trip" of some kind that just takes me over. I know caffeine is in tea but I wonder what else it might be that's screwing me up like that? It really is a very profound effect for something that other people say is meant to relax them. It may have relaxed me at times too, but I inevitably get messed up after a short while.

Anyone else like this? Anyone relate at all? Anyone have any ideas as to why tea might do that especially?

Anyway, I haven't had anything like that for 2 days... and I'm pretty sure my mood is better. More stable at least. Caffeine often gives me an awful sense of "doom" and hopelessness :afr.

It's funny how cannabis is illegal (well, not everywhere anymore... hopefully it's only a matter of time) and in lieu of any actual evidence of harm it's usually wishy-washy reasons that are carted out like "it MAY make SOME people anxious in SOME circumstances" or thereabouts. Meanwhile, I've never had any but it would have to go some ****ing distance to make me feel as helplessly trapped in a haze as tea does, AND tea is addictive which made it hard for me to stop in the past because I'd get a headache that would go away for a while if I had more tea :roll.

Sorry if I rambled, but I wanted to mention those things. And why do I still have caffeine sometimes?... because I just get bored with the monotony sometimes ;).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Tea, especially black tea, contains a lot of caffeine and I would say people tend to drink more tea than coffee so you get more caffeine in your body.Also you just might be more sensitive to it than others.

OT:
It's proven that THC in kids and teenagers can greatly increase risk of psychosis. it' much less of a problem in adults. So it is not harmless. However IMHO all drugs should be legal. End of story. Also solves all the problems in Mexico etc. and general with gangs and drug dealers and all the money wasted. The state can then collect a tax on them and make money...also control the purity of them -> less short and long term dangers for consumers.

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently feel quite good and quite clear-headed. OCD was definitely less earlier than it was yesterday. That kind of calm and in-control feeling where I feel I have more of a choice.

Also did some exercise. The lack of caffeine is what I put it down to mostly.

Tea, especially black tea, contains a lot of caffeine and I would say people tend to drink more tea than coffee so you get more caffeine in your body.Also you just might be more sensitive to it than others.
Still... it's definitely a different thing. As bad as I'd get from drinking loads of Coke or coffee (mostly a horrible sickly tight feeling in my head), it's not the same feeling as tea and tea is very particular in what it does to me... must be a combination of caffeine and some of the other stimulants. Theobromine is about the only other one I can name. That's in chocolate too IIRC. No idea though.

Before I forget... I can't really drink red wine either. It seems to leave a strong taste in my... "head" actually. I can really feel it making me agitated later on... and my head gets cloudy in a specific way. White wine might be similar to an extent but I'm not as bad with that.
Also I find Guinness, oddly, usually has a similar effect to red wine. A cloudy feeling... I don't really get that with ordinary beer. It's like the taste is affecting my mind and won't go away :roll.
Anyone get that with wine?

However IMHO all drugs should be legal. End of story. Also solves all the problems in Mexico etc. and general with gangs and drug dealers and all the money wasted. The state can then collect a tax on them and make money...also control the purity of them -> less short and long term dangers for consumers.
Wouldn't work in a democracy though, would it? You couldn't mine such things for easy votes and distraction :).

Like when people complain about human trafficking for prostitution and various other problems related to prositution, and their solution is... we'll make it illegal :um. Great, I'm sure random people with guns can police it far better than governments can.
It's utterly irrelevant whether you're for or against prostitution in the first place, it makes no difference... it's like being for or against gravity; it's pointless to even spend the time to think of an opinion.

Probably wouldn't have risked derailing the entire topic... but there wasn't much action happening anyway, so screw it.

·
happy :)
606 Posts
thats why i drink decafe :b

·
Registered
12,772 Posts
I think I died three years ago, but the caffeine has kept me going. Caffeine in smaller doses is supposed to be beneficial.

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats why i drink decafe :b
That's the freaky thing...

I tried decaff a few times...

IT GIVES ME EVEN WORSE TENSION! :um

Like, it seems the tightness in my head starts nearly right away with decaff. I dun get it.

Something about warm drinks maybe... but I doubt it.

I must just be made differently to most people or something :roll

1 - 8 of 8 Posts