Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the store on Sunday to buy running sneakers and I'm the type of person that has OCD with this type of stuff. My regular shoe size is like 10 but the size 10 for the particular sneaker I wanted was kinda tight so I tried 10.5 and it was more comfortable. THen I tried the sneakers back and forth and then 10 didn't feel so bad after that but 10.5 was still more comfortable, lol, so I bought 10.5 and now 2 days later I realized that it's too loose. YO, WTF is wrong with me? Is this OCD???? I used to do sh*t like this when I was like in high school, like retake steps, recheck doorknobs, etc... I stopped doing that stuff though. Now I'm going to return the sneakers tomorrow. I feel nervous just typing this and my heart is beating faster.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dang, I also used to wear size 10's and recently got three new pairs of shoes - general purpose, running, and hiking - all in size 10.5... I hope mine are ok

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently found myself getting 3 pairs of basketball shoes... the first was too tight (I have no idea how come it didn't feel so at the store), the second I *thought* was too tight (it was fine, actually) because of my previous bad experience so I got a 3rd pair. So now I'm using the 2nd pair and storing the 3rd for 2-3 years ahead.
And I'm not even making that much money which makes it worse.
in general it's better to be half a size too high than too low.

·
Frostie
1,035 Posts
Preach it to the choir. I have narrow feet, a low instep and one foot a size smaller. Felt tongue pads help on shoes that don't lace up tight enough.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Welcome to my world. Your shoe shopping experience looks easy compared to the OCD lunacy I've gone through in shoe buying. In addition to OCD, I also wear a less common size to make buying even more hellish.

If you want to experience hell on earth, come shop with me. It would make water boarding look like fun.

And I do this when buying almost anything, not just shoes. It should be deemed shocking that I even have a computer monitor such that I can reply to this. My old one died at 5 AM one day recently and I bought this new one around noon THAT SAME DAY -- getting something done this fast is unheard of for me, though I had endless second thoughts. Though I think I made the right choice. I now see it listed on Best Buy's website for $40 more than I paid (which might explain why I was buying the last one that store had in stock) and it gets a rating of 4.8 stars on over a hundred reviews, so must be decent I guess.

I'm also the board's "gun nut" who only took a few years to decide which handgun to buy. Revolver or semi-auto? What caliber? What brand? Stainless or blued? What barrel length? Can you say obsessive compulsive to the max?

Life is exhausting & miserable when every choice is an ordeal. And then to unwind from all this stress one might want a drink, but I must obsess over whether to buy beer or wine or whiskey!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts