Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Should Karl buy an AR-15?

• Yes!

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • No!

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Don't know/ still not sure what an AR-15 is.

Votes: 2 5.1%
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think I should buy an AR-15 as my first long gun? Currently I own 5 handguns. (It was 6, but I sold one a few days ago.)

AR-15s are evil black rifles, weapons of mass destruction with 30-round magazines and there's simply nothing that gets a gun-grabber's knickers in a twist quite as well as an AR can. In short, part of the fun of owning one is pissing off the anti-gun crowd. As some of you might have noticed, I very much enjoy pissing off the other side. It's just so damn much fun I can't help it. That and ARs are an iconic American rifle.

So vote and let your voices be heard, even though what I spend my money on is not a democratic process.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
To save you some money, I'll sell you mine for £5. Pic attached. Very good condition.

Attachments

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Why not save a bit more and buy one of these:

You'd def be able to protect yourself properly with of these babies. You can buy them from your local walmart can't you?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just out of curiosity, how much do they go for?
Price varies, but probably around $1,000. I haven't closely examined all the various models available and their prices. It's truly an overwhelming selection. The only one I've easily ruled out so far is Ruger. Their gas piston system is too damn expensive and unnecessary.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To save you some money, I'll sell you mine for £5. Pic attached. Very good condition.
I don't like the fixed pink stock. Is that required by both Barbie & Kalifornia?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will it get you laid?
I have no sex drive, so getting laid isn't a goal of mine.

And if my sex drive did come back to life, probably not. I don't think there are enough women in the NRA to get excited by a man with an AR.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
I don't like the fixed pink stock. Is that required by both Barbie & Kalifornia?
No, it's also available in black but mine is pink. Unfortunately you would need to buy your own ammunition as I ran out a long time ago. If £5 is too much I will consider accepting £4 (plus postage & packaging).

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, it's also available in black but mine is pink. Unfortunately you would need to buy your own ammunition as I ran out a long time ago. If £5 is too much I will consider accepting £4 (plus postage & packaging).
What caliber does it take?

Aren't you going to make me pass a background check? Or do you support private sales between individuals as I do?

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
What caliber does it take?

Aren't you going to make me pass a background check? Or do you support private sales between individuals as I do?
It takes 5.56mm/.223 caliber & mine incorporates the Wylde chamber which was designed to accurately shoot military ball ammo while still feeding reliably.

A background check is not necessary in your case as you are a longstanding well-known member of SAS. I can foresee no major problems with how you intend to use it.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It takes 5.56mm/.223 caliber & mine incorporates the Wylde chamber which was designed to accurately shoot military ball ammo while still feeding reliably.

A background check is not necessary in your case as you are a longstanding well-known member of SAS. I can foresee no major problems with how you intend to use it.
How nice. Can the flash hider be taken off and replaced with a suppressor?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sigh. Bloody Americans.
I gotta buy an AR because I don't want to wait 2 days for a handgun. Long guns have no waiting period because they're safer. You should feel good that I want to buy the safest bun possible.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
How nice. Can the flash hider be taken off and replaced with a suppressor?
Absolutely, but it only reduces the sound by about 35dB which is very little - although the main reason I stopped using a suppressor was because I couldn't find one that was colour coordinated. Why oh why are the manufacturers obsessed with black?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel good because I live in a country that isn't obsessed with guns.
Guns are a hobby for me.

I hear it's good to have hobbies.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts