Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Buspar? My psychiatrist is going to try me on it, I'm on Paxil & tried Abilify but I didn't seem to tolerate the Abilify very well. I'm also on Latuda for bipolar & also Xanax. I will be starting the Buspar when my last Abilify is taken.

·
Nardil Gangster
587 Posts
The consensus around here is that Buspar is fairly useless particularly as a monotherapy, where on paper it should work better than it seems to. With all that stuff you're on though, there's a chance of some synergy.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Buspar was marketed as the "non-addictive" alternative to benzos. Only problem with it is that it's also non-effective. I found it to be a sugar pill. My brother takes it and describes it as "perhaps marginally effective," which isn't much of an endorsement.

You simply won't find any other drug more widely regarded by both doctors & patients as useless.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i take Buspar 20mg day and i was on depersonlization very badly
it started to working after 3 weeks i felt better im not feeling depersonaliztion anymore
but i still not feel my old cofindence its better then nothin.. :) good luck wish you the best.. :)

·
Dvana
140 Posts
Tried it - but not enough to see if there was any benefit, everyone on here says this drug is lame, in the week or so I was on it nearly every time I stood up I nearly passed out, feel down a couple of times after standing up. For a lame drug I dunno what that was all about.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Generally I have heard that it is an innefective medication. Never tried it personnaly, so I can't say with 100% accuracy, but I have heard more reports that it is useless than useful.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Have you ever moved furniture, and the way a table got lifted by two people, you realize that your presence as a third party was doing no good? Like, you held the edge of the table, sure - and it's moving. You're kind of lifting, kind of. But you could let go and it wouldn't really matter. Just sort of pretending to help.

Buspirone is like the third lifter.

Reactions: Aerovis

·
Registered
649 Posts
Have you ever moved furniture, and the way a table got lifted by two people, you realize that your presence as a third party was doing no good? Like, you held the edge of the table, sure - and it's moving. You're kind of lifting, kind of. But you could let go and it wouldn't really matter. Just sort of pretending to help.

Buspirone is like the third lifter.
Hah! Neat analogy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts