Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized how bad my anxiety is(general and social) and was wondering if anyone has tried buspar and what results they have had.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Buspar is considered worse than a sugar pill on this board because of it's taste. Yeah, and it doesn't work for SA, no proven efficiency.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
^Agree, Buspar is a sugar pill. I can't think of any anxiety med that is generally deemed less effective than Buspar. There are some who say it works, but they are few & far between.

As for taste, I don't recall it having any. I've never noticed the taste of any psych med other than Xanax, which tastes bad.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've never heard anyone complain of the taste of buspar. I have taken buspar many times and have never experienced any bad taste either.

It typically doesn't have a high level of effectiveness for social phobia by itself. It has been shown to be a lot more effective as an augmentation to someone already on a SSRI.

Its not a good med to try as a 'first liner' but you won't have any idea if it helps you or not until you try it.

http://www.crazymeds.us/BuSpar.shtml

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's worth trying. This nice thing about the medicine is that it doesn't have too much in the way of harsh side effects. Some people swear by it, and so people don't get a response. It's not a controlled substance like the benzodiazepines.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Probably the biggest plus it has going for it over most other meds is that it is usually used for combating negative sexual side effects from other meds, in other words it has positive sexual effects.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts