Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I still got 7 days of weaning off Sertraline (which was completely ineffective for me) before starting my Mirtazapine treatment.
The only possible interaction between mirtazapine and sertraline would perhaps be metabolism interactions, but this is not a problem after a few days of abstinence. I'd say 7 days maximum, and definitely not 2 weeks (the usual washout period).

I would personally choose mirtazapine over buspirone. Mirtazapine is effective for depression and SA, but buspirone is considered a lot less effective. If the Buspar is an experiment, wouldn't you want to cure yourself with a more reliable drug first?

·
Registered
345 Posts
You should give it a try, but don't take it all at once. Buspar has a very short half-life. Split it up in 3 doses and take it with a meal.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Neither buspar or mirtazipine worked for me (for depression or anxiety), so I hope you have more luck than I did!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Buspar is great in augmenting an anti-depressant. The only problem for me I found is that it gave me chronic constipation. It can make you less anxious too, but not much. More than anything it probably brings out the anxiolytic effects of the anti-depressant more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.