Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
pain helps a lot
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i know i posted about nightmares earlier this week or last week or something. now, i have to say that for a medicine that seems to do nothing, buspirone is doing something.
the nightmares are gone since increasing the dosage slightly. but now i feel almost no anxiety. the feeling of my stomach living in my shoes before i leave the house is gone, the stress during a conversation is gone. but here's what happens--i still do not make eye contact, i still don't know what to say, i still want to stay with just my husband and not be around anyone or go anywhere.
what's up with that??

·
Banned
232 Posts
it may all be from placebo effect but stay on it
for eye contact look firstly at the persons forehead, then make eye contact with people wearing sunglasses, this way is much easier as they cant see your eyes

also practise by making eye contact with the TV newsreaders eyes, the anxiety effect is the same, but you will get used to it

·
Registered
676 Posts
Pretty self-explanatory isn't it? Its helping with the things you mentioned and not helping with the other things.

Buspar has significant effects for many people. Obviously you are feeling some of them.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Looks like you might be one of the rare people who actually find Buspar to be useful. I can't think of any psych med more commonly deemed useless than Buspar, so consider yourself lucky that it actually is doing something good for you.

·
pain helps a lot
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess i figured it would work like a benzo, taking anxiety away AND making me more social by breaking down the inhibitions i mentioned before. i'm spoiled by clonazepam...but trying not to take it but for emergencies or for sleep.
and it's strange to feel like i'm not even taking anything. the only side effects were the nightmares and a few brain zaps for about an hour after i take it. no drowsiness or that wonderful euphoria you feel at times from a benzo.
i guess i should be thankful for ANY positive results from any medication

1 - 5 of 5 Posts