Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
ive forgoten what a normal life is.
i changed my job to get away from people as it caused me to over react at the slightest of things.
i dont socialize,ive made a fool of my self plenty of
times,but i dont care any more.
i have days when i dont want to work but being self employed i have to even though im on my own
it takes me a long time to calm down so i try hard not to lose it,though i can channel it in to my work and get rid of it that way,its some thing i learnt to do,one of many coping mechanisms ive developed.

chin up,hope things get a bit easier :hug

·
Registered
873 Posts
Any of you have overreacted before at work as well?
...Oh my goodness, GermanHermit...all the time! I feel so ashamed when I do it, and I feel like I am the only one who ever does it, which of course is just not true.

Others can blow off steam and not think twice about it, like you say--the loudmouths, but for us it's different.

I think it's such a big deal when we've finally had enough, that it just comes out too forcefully--that's all.

I try not to cuss when I explode, though.

The one coworker I let have it the other day still isn't speaking to me--which I don't really care about, but she is badmouthing me to others and influencing them--that I could live without!

Glad to hear you are doing some better, though, GermanHermit! :hug

Star :sas

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
This is something I'm trying to do better with. Sometimes I close the door in my office and trash it. Like a 3 yr old having a tantrum. It feels good for about 30 seconds, but then I have a mess to deal with, and worse yet, the stares when I emerge from my cave.

So far today I've vented once, but no tantrums :banana

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
GermanHermit,

Oh my gosh - yes! I feel like I work around a bunch of liars who lie by omission. I have so wanted to do that, but my co-worker (the most two-faced) of them all does it for me. My manager put us because "I" am the calming influence.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, I know how you feel.

I can remember one day when I exploded at work. It was the day I got fired. I slammed the manager's door, threw my pen, displaced some papers. The company alleged that I had caused major damage in an attempt to disqualify me for unemployment compensation. They didn't even show up for the hearing.

Hope you feel better now after your emotional release. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.