Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else burned out from school?

I'm about to enter my ninth year of college, a year which includes all practicums and no classroom learning or exams. I'm not sure of it's because of the lengthy academic career, more likely, because I'm so close to the end that I can't seem to find motivation. I've never had such poor studying efficiency, and typing up my notes almost makes me physically ill now. Sure I'll pass, but I still need to learn this stuff well for future use.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
definitly was on the brink of it. Had like 3 presentations, an analytical report, and a few tests over a couple weeks and I felt like I would rest after that...till i remembered finals would be in a week. Still have to study for those but the fact im not doing anything over summer should motivate me enough to make it one more week. at least for all but one of my finals since I'm not sure how im going to go about studying for it

on a side note...they need to come up with some innovative way to test students. There's just something inherently wrong in basing someones grade/future on a test that you could do horribly on one day and great on another.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've personally always had a problem with the idea of comprehensive finals. Why be tested on the same material twice in one quarter (often with new stuff added in), then never be tested again?

·
Registered
619 Posts
definitly was on the brink of it. Had like 3 presentations, an analytical report, and a few tests over a couple weeks and I felt like I would rest after that...till i remembered finals would be in a week. Still have to study for those but the fact im not doing anything over summer should motivate me enough to make it one more week. at least for all but one of my finals since I'm not sure how im going to go about studying for it

on a side note...they need to come up with some innovative way to test students. There's just something inherently wrong in basing someones grade/future on a test that you could do horribly on one day and great on another.
Agreed. I can understand most topics easily, but put it into a multiple choice question and I'm lost.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i've just cancelled my next term because the anxiety and neurological pain and being unmedicated was too much. i used to pass everything too. i cant beleive i cant even take up part time study its like a knockout. you get one teacher who inspires one who you wont share asmuch with, things change, i dont know......... :/ :) :p

·
Not wearing pants
387 Posts
I've slept 5 hours in the past two days because of school. Still have an essay and two half-hour presentations to do in the next two weeks. After those, I plan on crawling into a hole and not coming out for around twenty years.

:hyper

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just deferred a whole term because i had a psychotic break and could have killed myself. so yes, consider taking a break or going home or something, if that keeps popping up in your intuition or heart of whatever and wont go away.

i wish i could keep studying though, i was doing well for a while.

Coffee helps, and consult your counsellor for university if u youcan, men do it alone alot, that can hit and miss, i know, i had to resubmit, can u get an extension?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I had a huge problem with motivation at the end of this year. You have to just stay focused and tell yourself that you can do this.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
I have educational burnout from just five years of school and took one year off and plan on going back hopefully this fall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts