Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Panicky antisocial guy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been switching around meds a lot recently and this is my current pill collection. I'm assuming I will only be prescribed to xanax for the first couple weeks, after that is gone, does this sound like a good combo to combat anxiety? I have had no prior experience with trazodone, but I do know that antipsychotics did not work at all.

Just wanting some feedback because I'm sick of changing drugs every week and the people at the pharmacy are starting to look at me funny.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
trazodone is a weak antidepressant at that dosage but should help with bupropion side effects like insomnia.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
SSRI with wellbutrin, makes a very strong antidepressant synergisticly. And bupropion often effectively negates the ssri's side effects ( sexual dysfunction, increased appetite/weight gain, and lethargy).

So, for SAD an anioxylitic will be needed. As the antagonism of NE by buspirone can cause some agitation for those with anxiety disorders.The anxiolytics: These can include voltage calcium channel calcium blockers (pregabalin or gabapentin). That class of drugs usually causes tolerance at a fairly rapid pace. Side effects include weight gain, disassociative personality and lethargy. You can cycle them, using one 3-4 days a week and taking a break for two or three days with the days split up. It also needs to be tapered down to prevent withdrawals. Buspirone (buspar) , a partial 5HT1A agonist is usually an effective anxiety medication. It is generally used for GAD not SAD and it's full therapeutic effects can take up to 1 1/2 to 2 months. It is thought to phasically effect the 5HT1A receptor. Therefore, increasing the added length in desired affects. One of the most potent anxiolyitc class of drugs are benzodiazepines. They should used with caution under a competent pdocs supervision. They can have a high rate of tolerance and addiction both psychologically and physiological in certain people.

L-methylfolate (Deplin) indirectly to boost triple monoamines( NE, DA,5-HT). The natural modulation increasing dopamine levels; The 'feel good" NT.
Other meds to look into are zapirones and different herbal (valerian root), pwd magnesium glycinate, glutamate, l-theanine sam-e are some supplements that help.

Trazadone has ant-histamine properties for sleep. It's additional benefits are that it doesn't have the anti-cholinergic effect as most other sleep medications. For some, it does give some hangover effects the next day.

The Z drugs such as zoplicone, zolpidemand, eszoplicone are GABA medications. They are effective but longterm use can cause dependence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts