• Low dose Sulpiride or Amisulpride

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Bupropion (Extended Release)

Votes: 9 50.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
The only legal drugs that could enhance dopaminergic transmission in my country are Bupropion (Wellbutrin XL), and Sulpiride (Dogmatil). The pharmacist said that he will search the database for Amisulpride meanwhile.

Bupropion is a dopamine and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor.
Sulpiride/Amisulpride are antipsychotic drugs that can enhance dopaminergic transmission at very low dose.

Which would you prefer for dopamine and why?

(Be noted that I will most likely add an SSRI)
Actually I would prefer the combination of both. ;) Releasing dopamine and at the same time inhibiting it's reuptake sounds interesting. Could be a little bit dangerous too... who knows

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I know that 50-200mg is a low enough dose of Amisulpride, but what about Sulpiride?
150mg Sulpiride were given in the studies I saw for depression.

And, shouldn't I take a dose lower than 150mg of bupropion (XR) if I take it with one of the above? The wellbutrin that is available is the extended release version, so I shouldn't really crush it, etc.
Don't crush the Wellbutrin (XL) tablets! If you want to do this experiment, then start with the lowest dose (150mg) as a whole tablet.

Taking an anticonvulsant like Klonopin first would make everything safe(r).

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Ok, starting with the lowest dose possible was a good idea. If you feel much anxiety or "muscle
twitching" then take the Xanax.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Your heart rate is 120bpm? As in, it beats two times every second...?

P.S. I'm not sure the benefits of amisulpride apply to sulpiride, except for the dopamine autoreceptor effect which should work with all antipsychotics.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't expect D2 antagonist + Wellbutrin to do much. It'd be different though if you combined sulpiride with selegiline, or selegiline with Wellbutrin.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Any type of MAOIs are not available in my country. You see, my country is quite drug-phobic. One day I asked for L-tyrosine and couldn't find it any where can you believe that?
The internet is available in your country though. Just buy whatever you need online.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
If you added an SSRI to this regimen of yours, I'll bet your response would be either on par with or superior to that of an MAOI. Lower side effects, no food restrictions, and no drug interactions either.
Maybe even better regardless of side effects? Sounds like there's a lot of dopaminergic action going on here. I may want to try this combo if it's significantly more stimulative than bupropion by itself.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I've added Fluoxetine to my regimen.

My current regimen/day:
Sulpiride 150mg
Bupropion (SR) 150mg
Fluoxetine 20mg
Multivitamin-Multimineral tablet

I'll keep you informed of improvements. If I didn't notice an improvement within 2 months I'll raise the Fluoxetine to 40mg/day. If that didn't work I'll start crushing the wellbutrin pills or take them sublingually. If that didn't work as well, I will stop with this regimen and get back to my Xanax or figure out something new...

So I'm giving the whole thing 4 months from now. Which, in my opinion, quite sufficient for testing it. (Unless some extreme side effect came up, i.e. mania)
What time do you take the fluoxetine? Night is best in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I kicked away my Lexapro cold turkey without having any WD symptoms and stopped the Selegiline too. I already have a script for Wellbutrin 300mg and will likely get Solian (Amisulpride 50mg x 50) in 4 days (it's very easy to get in my country). When I have that stuff I'll mix it with Klonopin 2mg bid and see what happens. ;) I think Amisulpride is better than Sulpiride for things like that.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Sure! ;)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I kicked away my Lexapro cold turkey without having any WD symptoms and stopped the Selegiline too. I already have a script for Wellbutrin 300mg and will likely get Solian (Amisulpride 50mg x 50) in 4 days (it's very easy to get in my country). When I have that stuff I'll mix it with Klonopin 2mg bid and see what happens. ;) I think Amisulpride is better than Sulpiride for things like that.
Why did you stop the selegiline and Lexapro?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Because I'm sure I don't need them anymore. Also it's time for a little experimenting, isn't it? ;)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
But Medline I thought your regimen worked very well for SA. What happened?
I think I don't need these drugs anymore.

By the way, let me know if one of your eyelids start twitching after welbutrin+amisulpride. My right eyelid has been twitching for two days even on xanax. It kinda gets annoying after a while.
I guess I won't use this combo. I have another reason too. I had alcohol problems in the past and 50mg Amisulpride seem to make alcoholics drink even more: http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=14002091

Selegiline would boost Wellbutrin so you don't get as much noradrenaline with lower doses, and Lexapro would relieve any anxiety...
I'll think about it, but I'm not convinced. ;)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
What about side effects? You still have this eyelid twitching? You shouldn't go up in dose in the near future IMHO because I'm not sure if this twitching couldn't be some minor seizure activity or aura of a seizure. It could also be nothing, I don't know. Xanax is definitely a less powerful anticonvulsant than Klonopin by the way. As you feel improvement after just a few days you could stay at this dose for the next 2-3 weeks if you think it's safe.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I think you will see significant improvement the next weeks (some days are nothing), great that you have little side effects.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Since I added Fluoxetine to the mix 5 days ago and I noticed these effects:

- I'm no longer smiling for no reason.
- I'm no longer stimulated. (Have to drink tea now)
- I'm very tired yet I can't fall asleep / easily interrupted sleep. (Insomnia)
- My dreams got more bizarre and less enjoyable.
- Diarrhea, vertigo, excessive sweating and urination.
- Easy muscle spasms / overall fatigue.
- Random twitching.
- Loss of appetite.
- Increased libido.
- Auditory distortion is still there. Music being transposed up or down briefly.

The most intense are diarrhea and insomnia.
You started on 20mg fluoxetine? That's bound to be a horrible experience. I recommend starting at 5mg or less and titrating up slowly in 1-5mg increments. Also, mirtazapine or trazodone could fine-tune its effects.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts