Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just moved here in April and the parking is terrible. She lives across the street not directly in front of us. She always parks her car right in front of our house, on our side of the street, so we can see it when we look out our window. I had a feeling she was a *****, but I just put my car in the garage anyways when my mom isn't home during the week so she can park it there. Anyways, I was moving into the garage and just backed up loudly into her car. Granted nothing is wrong with it. But here she comes, an older little woman, screaming "you bumped into my car blah blah blah". I try to apologize and she starts cussing more and then says something like "you can't ****ing drive blah, blah, blah" . So I just said "whatever maybe you won't park in my spot or so ****ing close to me anymore" or something to that effect and went in my house. Now, I have to tell my mom and listen to her scream at me for being stupid. -_-

So, what do you think? Did I deserve that lol? And now what since I have to see her everyday now?

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
All you could have done was apologize, which you tried to do. They are called accidents for a reason. I'm sure she was upset when she saw it happen and thought some damage was done. You said there was no damage, which is great, she was probably still in that state of mind.

If you've never spoken to her before this, and if it'll help you stop thinking about it, drop an apology letter in her mailbox. Then again, you are American, so maybe that's dangerous...because you'd basically be admitting on paper that you hit her car with yours, and if she's a bad person, she might try and claim that something is now wrong with her car and it's your fault.

But most of all, it was an accident...and they happen to everyone so you're not stupid...you also tried to apologize. After that, what else can you do? How the other person reacts, and the emotions they are feeling, are on them and shouldn't be of your concern. Easier said than done, I guess...considering us anxious folk like to think about things.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hopefully your parents don't make a big deal out of it. "Ohh our new neighbors, what a bad start, u should have been careful etc"
It was only an accident, don't beat yourself up over it, and fair play to u for standing up to her when she shouted and cursed at u, that took guts, now u just have to ignore your parents ranting n it will all be over :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts