Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im a big person. Im 6'3 and 280, and I look like im 240 or so. I have a really big frame and have always big stronger than my friends because my muscles are basically bigger naturally. All of my "friends" workout and some look very muscular. I say "friends" because they are just people in high school or college i have played sports with.

Thats why i want to work out. If i work out, i will look huge and be even stronger than i am now, and thatd be awesome haha.

So ya, what are some ways to gain a ton of muscle fast? Ive never really worked out with weights that much so i have no idea. Thats one of the places where my anxiety always kicked in. With a sports team in a gym.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
So im a big person. Im 6'3 and 280, and I look like im 240 or so. I have a really big frame and have always big stronger than my friends because my muscles are basically bigger naturally. All of my "friends" workout and some look very muscular. I say "friends" because they are just people in high school or college i have played sports with.

Thats why i want to work out. If i work out, i will look huge and be even stronger than i am now, and thatd be awesome haha.

So ya, what are some ways to gain a ton of muscle fast? Ive never really worked out with weights that much so i have no idea. Thats one of the places where my anxiety always kicked in. With a sports team in a gym.
No real way of gaining muscle fast. Just take a post-workout protein shake, stick with free weights over machines (unless they're cables like a lat pulldown & such), use proper form (will keep you from hurting yourself too), eat healthy(avoid sugars, fat, get proper protein), and get good sleep to allow your muscles to recover.

Oh and creatine helps lol.

·
Rest In Pepperinos
1,454 Posts
you have to do cardio.so you can lose fat so you can actually show the muscles you got.without losing the fat percentage level from your body.you'll never see the actual muscle your building. There's really no fast way to build muscle.Most people can build with proper weightlifting and nutrition up to 2-4 pounds of muscle a month. Just watch what you eat.eat high protein foods.cut your carbs out and do cardio.check videos on youtube on how to workout and other things.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
No real way of gaining muscle fast. Just take a post-workout protein shake, stick with free weights over machines (unless they're cables like a lat pulldown & such), use proper form (will keep you from hurting yourself too), eat healthy(avoid sugars, fat, get proper protein), and get good sleep to allow your muscles to recover.

Oh and creatine helps lol.
I am off of Creatine now, I dont think its as usefull as it was made up to be.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
I have really big joints haha. And i know that lifting weights will increase my metabolism, so ill lose fat anyway.
To be honest if your that big of a guy, your probably already pretty mascular to the point if you wanna look like a male model of something you probably just need to lose tons of fat

So why not just focus on losing as much fat as possible.

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest if your that big of a guy, your probably already pretty mascular to the point if you wanna look like a male model of something you probably just need to lose tons of fat

So why not just focus on losing as much fat as possible.
hmm..maybe...Ive the last time i didnt have much fat was when i was like 4. My mom used to tell me that if i dont eat, i will turn into a ghost.

Could my size have to do with my diet? Ive eaten alot of protein everyday of my life. My parents like to get fancy with ground beef and chicken.

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats good for losing fat? Cardio or strength training? Or a little bit of both? The stupid ****in YMCA where i live doesnt have treadmills that can hold people my weight, who run on it. I tried it and almost broke the thing because i wanted to run. I ended up having to use the bike...is that as good as running?

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
You can do both, but a lot of people once they start working out get obssessed with size and then never get the cut ripped body they dreamed off. they just want more more size

Strength training is overrated IMO when it comes to burning fat. I go to the gym and i see so many guys with just bulky bodies, very few guys with that ripped model physique. Its because strentgh training makes you so hungry and crave meat. You workout hard, you eat a lot

The best way to burn fat is low intensity cardio, doing cardio to the point where your not sweating combined with a High Protein diet, limited in simple carbs, and not binging on fat

By the way nothing gets in the way of building muscle and burning fat like alcohol. Your body cant make muscles if it has to constantly remove alcohol from the blood

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can do both, but a lot of people once they start working out get obssessed with size and then never get the cut ripped body they dreamed off. they just want more more size

Strength training is overrated IMO when it comes to burning fat. I go to the gym and i see so many guys with just bulky bodies, very few guys with that ripped model physique. Its because strentgh training makes you so hungry and crave meat. You workout hard, you eat a lot

The best way to burn fat is low intensity cardio, doing cardio to the point where your not sweating combined with a High Protein diet, limited in simple carbs, and not binging on fat

By the way nothing gets in the way of building muscle and burning fat like alcohol. Your body cant make muscles if it has to constantly remove alcohol from the blood
I dont really like alcohol, which is good.

And you mention to the point where im not sweating...what does that exactly mean? I sweat a ridiculous amount of sweat. I remember after a basketball practice in high shcool my entire shirt would be literally saturated with sweat. When i would fall while running, i would slide 20 feet and leave a trail of sweat. I remember one game they had to stop the clock because i fell and left a huge sweat mark on the floor that had to be wiped up haha

When i was playing highschool sports i was around 250. I gained 30 lbs 2 yrs ago in my final growth spurt and have kept it ever since.

And now that you mention ripped model physique, im really curious as to what my muscle structure looks like haha.

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On a related note Dwight Howard has some of the most ridiculously awesome shoulders I have ever seen on a human. They are literally big as basketballs.

Exactly. Dwight howard is like a big, small person. You know what im sayin? Hes not slow and uncoordinated like most tall basketball players. How many tall guys do you see in the dunk contest? not many. he is a big version of a small body. Thats exactly how i am...except im not 7 feet tall. Im 6'3 and im just as flexible and athletic as someone who is 5'5. If i didnt weigh so much, id be in the dunk contest haha. At 280, i can just grab the rim.

But this guy is probably lighter than me because he is all muscle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts