Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a huge spider in my room today. I've seen smaller ones frequently in my house, so I googled to see what it is...and my fear came true. Thankfully no one in the house got bitten yet, but I'm afraid one will crawl up my bed while sleeping. What should I do?

·
Registered
604 Posts
hell that is so scary. I saw a little piece about it on the news a while back. be careful when you're putting on your shoes (they love to hide there) and going into dark, stuffy closets. Those things are gross!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
There was a spider in my house the other night and it got away before I could kill it. It looked like a recluse so I'm paranoid about getting bit as well.:afr
ugh I have bad arachnophobia and all kinds of spiders start invading my house every summer.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
We have brown recluses all over the place. Humans seem to be their only natural enemy. Such a spider attempted to bite me on my big toe, but it couldn't break the skin. So I had these circular indentations and an annoying rash on my toe for at least a week. But it could've been much worse. Brown recluse spiders are the second most common pest in my apartment behind cave crickets.

By the way, I wear socks to sleep now, even in hot weather.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Did you kill it? That is what I would do.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
I have wood spiders in my house. They crawl up from the basement. I was talking to someone at work about this today. A lot of the old houses like mine have trouble with them here. They get pretty big. About a size of a half dollar. I usually suck them up into the vacuum cleaner. They sometimes get in the kitchen sink and make a web overnight. One morning I reach in without really looking to grab a cup and put my hand into it's web. I looked down and seen the half dollar sized spider. I quickly turned the water on to drown it and send it down the drain. The person I was talking with today gave me a good idea. He said to buy those strips that mice stick too and put them all around the basement. The spiders will walk on them and get stuck, and then die.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
Spiders are so disgusting, especially big hairy ones uuuuuughh. I dread the day I may come across one. uggh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts