Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is about hardcore rap music

I like all different kinds of music from Linkin Park, Stone Temple Pilots, to Britney Spears to Death Cab for Cutie, to Beyonce to Eminem to Pitbull, Lil Jon, etc, and I also absolutely love a couple of really hard core rap songs like these:

DJ Paul - Break Da Law (1995) [Three 6 Mafia Mystic Stylez]
-I love this song but I usually fast forward past the gunshots

three 6 mafia - Where Da Cheese At - When The Smoke Clears (

I just wanna say that I've never broken the law or smoked weed or drank so much as a sip of alcohol or anything like that so relating to these songs is not why I listen to them.........If I psychoanalyze myself, maybe the reason I like rap like this with these type of lyrics is cuz it makes me feel more powerful-like my SA makes me a weakling but listening to this music just puts you in that state of mind??.....????....idk

Anyway, I got these songs from my younger brother so even though I listen to rap music, I don't really know where else to look for hardcore rap like this-Can you guys recommend any amazing really hardcore rap songs with great beats like the songs I linked to, cuz if the beats weren't there, I probably wouldn't be listening to these songs

·
Neither Enemy Nor Friend
412 Posts
i'm more of the alternative rap style but here's my most "hardcore" of the top of my head (these are the artists & their albums)

DMX - It's Dark & Hell Is Hot
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
Ice Cube - Death Certificate
Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet
Mobb Deep - The Infamous

wasn't thinking of particular songs but more-so albums. try these

·
Registered
690 Posts
Lords of The Underground- Here Come The Lords
Nas- Illmatic
Notorious B.I.G- Ready to Die
Gang Starr- Moment of Truth

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Do you think your Wu-Tang sword can defeat me?

·
Registered
137 Posts
hmmm i'm not the biggest hardcore rap fan, but the new Jay-Z - Blueprint 3 is a pretty awesome, solid album. or you might like.... some gucci mane or lil' boosie. both are pretty raw/hardcore imo. also I would suggest looking for some underground local artists, they seem to keep that "rawness" that a lot of the mainstream rappers lack/or move away from.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I thought you'd never ask. Something about hard rap gets my blood flowing.

warning explict lyrics

Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II

Cypress Hill - Illusions

Ol Dirty ******* - Brooklyn Zoo!!!!

Notorius BIG - Who Shot Ya?

2pac - Hit Em Up

Goodie Mob - Cell Therapy

Heltah Skeltah - Operation Lockdown

Onyx - Rob & Vic

Eminem - Go to Sleep

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts

And not really a fan of the Game, but it's so over the top gangsta you have to love it.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
If you wanna hear some seriously disturbing hardcore rap from when I was growing up, look up a group called Gravediggaz. Probably should add a multiple trigger warning on them though. Also a disclaimer that I don't like them, lol. Just remember them from my youth because of how hardcore they were.

Another who wasn't quite as intense was ODB (Ol' Dirty *******), but I can't remember... maybe he was just as bad. I remember liking a couple of his songs.

Seems like one of these two (or both?) ended up in Wu-Tang, or is my memory messing with me? Not Sure.

I feel like a seriously bad influence right now, lol. Just be forewarned before you listen to it, that it's pretty sick (and not in the way kids use the word "sick" today). I'm a Libertarian though, so I felt the responsibility to give you the option.

Edit: The ODB songs I used to listen to were Brooklyn Zoo and Shimmy Shimmy Ya. Still fairly sick though too. I don't think I fully understood all of the lyrics back then. I was like 13-14.

Anyway, I think it was mostly for shock value, kind of like Eminem, but on crack instead of weed and pills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts