1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's totally me. This frustrated me for a long time.

It came down to this. Food allergies. Explore this and see if you are allergic to certain foods you are eating.

I've felt 'fuzzy brained' for a long time...trouble remembering things, difficulty following conversations and focusing in general. I didn't realise there was a name for it...not that it's an officially recognised medical diagnosis, but there are medical explanations for it.

Here are a couple of links to some info and a quiz...in case anyone is interested.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-brain-fog.htm

http://quiz.ivillage.com/health/tests/brainfog.htm

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Wow. I dropped out of uni because my brain just stopped working - couldn't concentrate, couldn't study, couldn't write essays. I tried to eat right, exercise, not panic, take study breaks. I kept trying for about three gruelling months, but I had to give in. And now I know it's called brain fog! Hooray! Still no idea what caused it or how to stop it, but thanks for the links.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For me, I found out that I was allergic to Cheese, sugar and most grains.

Last year, I did a liver detox and that helped me a lot.

But now its back, so I am going to do another one now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad the links were helpful :) Sounds like it's fairly common, but it's a horrible feeling. I had to do a multiple choice test a while ago for my bike license and it took all my focus and concentration when in the past I'd zip through something like that, I was the last one left in the room but I passed it at least.

How do you determine if a certain food is responsible? Just take it out of your diet and see if it helps?

Are you on any medications? Many can cause sympotms you described.
I'm not on any med's, determindtowin, but maybe I should be...I just put it down to depression/anxiety, but I read it can be from an underactive thyroid, so I really should go to the doctor...one day :no

·
Registered
378 Posts
That's a good word for it, really. But I don't think it's a condition in itself. I definitely have it, definitely from my parents. But it's a symptom of other problems. You get like this say if you have low blood sugar.

Personally, I think a LOT of people feel this way--that's why most of us are addicted to caffeine, it's the only way to function through it. But it's caused by our modern day diet, which does not get sufficient nutrients to our bodies or our brains. We are stupifying ourselves with poor diets. And we have no idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts