Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Boyfriend always speaks foreign languages on the phone?

235 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BrookeHannigan 
#1 ·
Okay i feel guilty by being annoyed by this
Cause he is such a sweetheart,
but my boyfriend and i speak my native language together which he is fluent at
But he also speaks fluent french and persian,and he like many people nowadays cant let go of his poor little cellphone :teeth
Anyway sometimes when were like watching a movie together and he picks up he always talks either in french or persian,i never heard him speak my native to anyone on the phone and it annoys the crap out of me when i have to listin to this jibberish and then he laughs or sometimes looks at me and laughs at me and when i am like what was that about? Or why your laughing hes all like " oh its nothing " cause looking at me laughing and then say something that sounds to me like blahbloopblibloo im thinking hes laughing at me or saying something bad about me...
It also happands when a friend of him or relative comes over sometimes they even switch from one language to another...
Has anyone has this? Or do you think im overreacting? Or would you be annoyed by it as well?

#2 ·
I use to date a guy who spoke "ukrainian"

Usually if he's on the phone, the people that he would talk to would be his family that lives in Ukraine and they can't speak english. I decided to try to learn Russian, which is ALMOST the same as Ukrainian, so I could be more involved with his family and friends. Ask him to teach you French.

But if you feel like you're being made fun of, ask your bf about it. You shouldn't ever feel that way around any guy. vice versa.

#3 ·
one of my friends started taking hebrew (his school could not not offer it for some reason - for the first semester he was the only student in the class). i didn't think he would actually absorb it. but one day, when he answered his phone, he had what i can only describe as a hebraic conversation with one of his friends (i couldn't understand a word of it!)

as is happened more and more i was less and less amused by it.

are they talking in those languages because his friends aren't fluent in the language you are fluent in? or is it more for fun?

#7 ·
one of my friends started taking hebrew (his school could not not offer it for some reason - for the first semester he was the only student in the class). i didn't think he would actually absorb it. but one day, when he answered his phone, he had what i can only describe as a hebraic conversation with one of his friends (i couldn't understand a word of it!)

as is happened more and more i was less and less amused by it.

are they talking in those languages because his friends aren't fluent in the language you are fluent in? or is it more for fun?
All his relatives exept his mom and dad cus they are old speak my native without a accent and fluenty, so its not like they cant speak it,sometimes they say a few sentences in my language and then they switch like whats the point of that....
I really dont want to learn persian nor french,both i dislike probably because of the situation,
I triec being interested in both but when i see like magazine or other things laying around with persian script im like lol no never mind, same goes for french
I asked him today if he laughed at me or said weird stuff about me in those languages then he got mad at me and was like "why the f would i do that!?" and stuff like that
But really looking at me laughing or smiling and then i hear chabadagareem,i feel like the translation is "lol my gf is so ugly look at that horse man face *smiles/laughs* "

But yeah just gotta learn to live with it

#6 ·
what language was it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.