Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you drink bottled water?

• No, it's a total ripoff. I use the faucet for free.

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • No, I drink other beverages.

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Yes, because I think it's better somehow.

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • Yes, because I have money to burn.

Votes: 4 4.8%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you drink bottled water?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
Yes but for convenience which is not one of your options.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
No, it tastes nasty to me. I don't drink water straight from the tap though either, I put it in the fridge for a day or 2 before drinking.

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
My dad buys a couple of 1.5L bottles of spingwater each day on his way home from work because we both like it.
It's just handy to have a bottle next to my pc, it encourages me to drink the nectar of God. hehe :)

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
I don't drink enough water, but when I do its usually filtered from the fridge. I think the entire bottled craze is a sham!

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Other: I buy reverse-osmosis filtered water with added minerals. There's a machine at a local health food store I shop at that dispenses it and the place only charges a little over a buck for each 2-gallon container refill.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes but for convenience which is not one of your options.
Hadn't thought of that one. Probably because I don't ever use bottled water.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the entire bottled craze is a sham!
It is a sham. Can you imagine the first guy to present this idea to a board of directors? He probably got laughed out of the room dozens of times before he found a company receptive to the idea of trying to sell for high prices something that is essentially free out of the tap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, but only when there is no other readily available source of clean water.

Your options kind of suck. I mean, you could at least put in the "No, even if i was dying of thirst i wouldn't buy one on principal" option.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I happen to have developed a taste for sparkling mineral water, so I will buy it occasionally. Also, I use the water cooler at work, which is supplied with bottled water. For home use, I prefer to keep a filter pitcher in the refrigerator. I'm not a huge fan of plain bottled water, though. It doesn't have enough added value, and I don't really like the taste, for whatever reason.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
i buy bottled water but use the bottle again at work to fill it up with filtered tap water. at home i buy water from one of those $.25/gal machines.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
I go with the faucet

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, mostly for convenience, but also cause maybe it's better than my tap? lol

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
It is a sham. Can you imagine the first guy to present this idea to a board of directors? He probably got laughed out of the room dozens of times before he found a company receptive to the idea of trying to sell for high prices something that is essentially free out of the tap.
Too bad that municipal water is laced with chlorine and added synthetic fluoride. Granted, there are a ton of brands of bottled water out there that simply sell tap water sent through a carbon filter, but that's why it's best to buy the kind that is free of unwanted dissolved solids (real spring water, RO-filtered, and distilled water).

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I guess the tap water in Milwaukee must be awesome or something. The tap water where I live was decent at one point but now is pretty gross. I use a Brita Filter for my water. I will drink bottled water when I am out and about.

·
Registered
210 Posts
No I don't drink bottled water anymore. I realised tap water is safe and it also tastes nicer. Besides that bottled water is filled with chalk stuff.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
For those that drink straight from the tap where do you live that the tap water tastes good? The tap water where I live actually has little white things floating in it and tastes horrible. And I live in a small town; when I lived in the city it was even worse. Tap water, unfiltered, tastes gross. That is why bottled water came into favor.

I like the Brita system because it filters regular tap water and doesnt cost a whole lot. I think I spent 20 for the initial buy in and the filters last me about 4 months. And they are only about $5 to replace.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts