Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone lives near the city and wants to get together to do something fun and cheap, let me know. I'm shy of course, but I do really like people and would like to get out of my shell. Maybe a museum or some food?

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I'd say I'm all for a gathering, but that would mean revealing my hideous self, and looks can hurt people really badly.

·
Banned
583 Posts
I can go anywhere the T can take me....

I'd really like to do something. My off-and-on CBT group wants me to go to a MeetUp, but the SAD groups are always full. So something by the end of this week or early the next would be great!

Id consider going. Its a bit of a drive though.

Casual dining/fast food or something inexpensive would be prefered though.
Agree.

Also, were in MA are you? Maybe I can look for something in between. If everyone wants to post their exact location (not address, obviously) I can look for something comfortable for most of us... :)

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I'd prefer somewhere outside the Boston area, if I ended up going. I have a car so I'm not worried about the distance. Also what about meeting somewhere where we would be free to talk about SA without people over-hearing? Some libraries offer small rooms you can use for short meetings. I think that would be a good place to meet before or after going out to eat to be able to talk about our experiences with SA comfortably.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I work a killer job so I won't have any time during the week to call around or anything unfortunately. But I do know of a place where I think you can have private meetings, it's the Lucia Mastrangelo meeting room at the Watertown Free Public Library.

·
Banned
583 Posts
I can do any day from Monday through Friday after 2pm, and any time on Sunday.

If everyone can post the days/times they're available, I can call the library and set it up...?

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I would only be available on the weekends. And I would say two weeks notice would be good because sometimes I will have things planned. Also there might be a small fee to reserve that room (not sure). If there is don't worry about it I can cover it.

·
Banned
583 Posts
I can do just about any day any time, as long as I have about a weeks notice
I would only be available on the weekends. And I would say two weeks notice would be good because sometimes I will have things planned. Also there might be a small fee to reserve that room (not sure). If there is don't worry about it I can cover it.
Sunday it is. Now, which Sunday? :p

We could always just meet in the library, no real need to have a conference room?

So how it looks so far is that a Sunday would be best. 2nd of August?
We couldn't talk in the library that's why Dax gave the idea the space. The second is fine by me. :)

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I think the 2nd should be good...but I don't quite remember. I was supposed to come into work on some Sunday either this month or next but I forget when- I'll have to check it out. But I think my work obligation is in the morning. What time were you guys thinking of meeting?

·
Banned
583 Posts
Mid afternoon to evening.

We've all been to that aquarium like 50 times :/.
Basically...

So I checked and the 2nd should be ok for me. Anyone else from Mass or New England thinking of attending?
This thread has been kind of dead for a while, so I'll message the other 2/3 that probably don't know we're planning this.

Up until now, though, it's just the three of us...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in Boston and I might like to attend if you're okay with another person. I know some SASers have qualms with meetups that exceed 3-4 people.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts