Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unicorn
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, how are you doing? So I just wanted to share my experiences of going to my first concert ever, Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball. First off, let me just say that I am a big fan of Gaga because she inspires me to be myself and her music is something I'll probably will be a fan of for many years to come. Last week she came to my city and I had the chance to go to her concert. I had been super excited but at the same time extremely nervous and reluctant to go ever since I had purchased my tickets way back in September of 2012. I've never been to a concert before because I'm super introverted and so are my friends so things like this never really came up. The thing that made this feat even more scary was the fact that I was going alone since my narrow minded, introverted friends don't really care for her or her music. I basically told myself to suck it up and go for it and I did and let me tell you, I had the best time of my life ever!
The concert was scheduled to start at 7:30 and so I got to the concert arena around 6:30 and wandered around for a bit. I was so awe struck at the way most of her fans, called little monsters, were dressed. They were so creative and I was especially jealous of the guys because they had insane costumes and were so attractive. I finally managed to get to my seats and found out that I was sitting next to two people close to my age. I believe they were from out of the country, the guy from Belgium and the girl was from South America. I hesitated for a while but then I once again told myself to suck it up and make an attempt to talk to them which I did. They knew English quite well but I suppose they couldn't really follow my local accent so whenever I asked them a question, the guy sort of hesitated in answers, perhaps he too was shy. Regardless, in my heart I knew I made an attempt to talk to someone new and I was proud of that. So while Gaga's Dj and featured DJ, Madeon, threw up amazing beats, I still was kind of nervous and felt out of place because for one, I was jealous of the fact that there were so many people who had come with their family and friends and I was all alone and two, I was getting really antsy in anticipation for Gaga to arrive.Suddenly, the lights went off and a curtain rose revealing a centre stage which was a gigantic castle.As the crowd started cheering like crazy, I was confused, and I began to question whether or not this was really beginning of the show. Then lo and behold, before me a Woman on a large robotic Unicorn appeared and sang the lines to my favorite song, Highway Unicorn. It was GAGA! All my worries and doubt instantly vanished, it was like magic i tell you! Everything finally hit me and I realized that I was actually at the Born This Way Ball and I was hearing Lady Gaga, the one and only, for the first time in my life! The moment I heard her sing those first lines my body began to shiver violently and my head was swimming with glee. The magical thing that happened next was that I sprang up to my feet and began dancing, singing along with her and fist pumping the air. This was the first time in my life I was expressing myself in way I can't really describe and for the frist time as well I did not care what the other people around me were thinking, if they were looking at me that is, I just danced my butt off. I have to say that truly was the best time of my life thus far and Gaga , if you can believe it, sounds even better live than she does on her albums so I will always remember this day and know that I was alive for once in my life, even if it was just for a few hours. So if any Gaga fans out here are like me, scared to to express themselves in their daily lives, don't be because you can overcome your fears and live your life to the fullest, you were Born This Way! :boogie

·
Unicorn
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YOU GET MADEON. I'M SO JEALOUS.
When I went to her tour last year, Zedd is the opening act.

Oh and anyway, congratulations! :)
Zedd is totally awesome! In fact, Madeon had a ton of Zedd songs that he remixed lol . I for one am so excited that Zedd is working with Gaga for ARTPOP Oh and thank you! How was your experience? :p

·
Registered
255 Posts
Zedd is totally awesome! In fact, Madeon had a ton of Zedd songs that he remixed lol . I for one am so excited that Zedd is working with Gaga for ARTPOP Oh and thank you! How was your experience? :p
I actually liked Madeon more. I mean Zedd's amazing, but there's just something about Madeon and his music. Something special and irresistible.

Oh and I had a blast. Literally the best two hours of my life. She's such an amazing performer.

She saw me and she pointed at me twice during the show. Oh oh oh!!! :boogie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts