Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm booooooooooooooooooooooooooring

I always gravitate towards boring topics of conversation, while other people will talk about going out, people they've met or just generally having fun. I think 'why on earth would this person want to hang out with me'

Does anyone else have this, it's hard cause I just returned to uni and I'm trying with my housemates and clubs and things, but all I have to talk about is my boring life, or nothing at all :( I feel like such an old man (I'm 23) I think I have a good sense of humour but can't express it, plus I feel miserable most of the time! which doesn't help. Aaaargh!

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Most of the stuff I like to talk about is pretty boring to other people. I think it's just a matter of finding the right people to talk to. Not that I've managed to do that.

·
Registered
609 Posts
heh problem is if you are really introverted you arent going to be able to talk much about going out to clubs and going to this place or that place...your only option is to talk about movies or politics, sports, stuff like that..ive found myself in this situation and it sucks..

·
Registered
7 Posts
me and you goal

Let the pain go I shouted and every one was like is he crazy man shout let the pain out shoute see the unfairness of life see little kids who do not feel shy and speak in public and your self like these shoute scream see the women who dress have nicked and do not feel shy shout let the pain out then you relize your self accept your self

·
Registered
530 Posts
Kind of depends on the person you talk to. I have a couple of friends that are easy to talk to and take an interest in my interests to at least some extent. Then there's other people that think I'm weird/boring, so I avoid them or only talk to them about school, strictly.

I hope you can find at least a couple of good friends. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I feel boring. But you said you have a sense of humor and can't express it. I feel the same way. I feel like I am funny and silly and crazy and interesting, but I can't express it because I am always hiding who I am. So when people think I'm boring, it's not because I'm actually boring, but because I am afraid to show my true colors and express myself.

I don't think I've ever been boring. Just afraid. =( It sucks so bad to have so much to share with the world but you can't ever bring yourself to do it!! I don't know... I guess I'm afraid they won't accept me for who I am. But that's just silly. They would, I just have this irrational fear I've always had. =(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts