Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've made a lot of progress in the last year or so...I've had SA for about 7 years and I've spent a lot of that time observing people and social interactions..never participating but studying it(sounds creepy i know)
Well now I've found that I can be reasonably comfortable around people and after a short period of time...I get bored with them. I can pretty much predict the response they want from me. I barely have to listen to what they are saying, I just know what to say and how to say it.

I know that sounds incredibly mean and stuck up...but its just something I've noticed lately now that I can be around people more.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thats why im okay with being a hermit. People are boring or frustrating and both. Wastes of my time most the time. Im sure there be some rare seeds but i lack the enthusiasm to care.

And please tell me something i want to hear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've done the same thing and for a time I found people to be amusingly predictable. Often the same patterns or behaviors would be pretty blatant, but I think that's setting yourself for a short goal.

People are numbered in the billions, so there's a lot more to learn. You can observe, but then you have to actually immerse and react to those situations yourself. Fortunately with what you've learned, it's almost like a pocket book that lets you know what to "logically" do, unless emotion takes over.

Of course you're going to see a lot of the same antics, but that's to be expected.

Now if you're happy with solitude, then that's a happy and good thing. You're beyond what a lot of people want and that's often just company or someone to be near. When I was at college, I would often just sit and watch the lives of other people. It was vicarious in a way for me, even when religious groups would come witness, then others would argue.

It's almost like television since you don't have to be in it yourself (though you do have the choice) and you can think objectively.

I kind of went in circles. Yes. I feel like this sometimes. :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get bored sometimes but I think the more you open up to people, the more fun you have.
Yeah I understand what you're saying. I guess it's just frustrating because I've worked so hard to become more social (i still have a long way to go) its just been kind of disappointing that I'm not finding a real interest in people now that I can be around them...ugh..i complain too much :yes

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah I understand what you're saying. I guess it's just frustrating because I've worked so hard to become more social (i still have a long way to go) its just been kind of disappointing that I'm not finding a real interest in people now that I can be around them...ugh..i complain too much :yes
I thin everyone get's the same, I find the more I let loose the more people seem to do unpredictable things. You don't complain too much.:) You may just not have met your sort of people, you won't be interested in everyone.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thin everyone get's the same, I find the more I let loose the more people seem to do unpredictable things. You don't complain too much.:) You may just not have met your sort of people, you won't be interested in everyone.
I know that not everyone will fit my interest but really nobody has honestly captured my interest. I know that makes me sound picky and stuck up but really, im just weird. I want honest connections with people, i dont want to fake it to fit in. I want people that understand me..which I suppose can be hard at times. hmm

·
Inactive Member
574 Posts
You're 18. Most people your age are kind of predictable and haven't fully evolved their own unique personalities yet (many never will). Finding everyone around you shallow and boring is also not unusual at this stage in your life. Don't stress about it too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.