Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing all sorts of positive things to help me with my social anxiety- I mean not helping the anxiety, but lessening it, you know what I mean. anywho, I'm 37 and still lost in life. I left school when I was 14, partly due to my social anxiety, and other problems (poor grades, just a general disinterest in school, perhaps an ADD that's not been diagnosed, etc.) I only have a GED, and no college education, and I've been working in restaurants as a prep cook for over a decade. I hate this type of work, but I have no interest in going to college, because I just don't have any interest in anything that I can learn in college. I've done improv classes and sketch writing classes, so I thought that maybe I'd like to write for tv. I had been taking classes like these for over a year, and just lately, I'm bored of it. I know that I'm probably depressed, since I don't have any close friends anymore. I hadn't had anyone to talk to for 2 years now. I just go to work, come back home, sleep, then watch stuff on youtube or play the piano or the guitar. It's some routine b.s. My main interest had been music, and I wish that I could make that my career but it's tough, and I don't have the talent to write my own stuff. I tried, but I don't seem to have the knack for it, so the only possibility is to try and find an established band to join, but I don't know where to start. I don't know how to juggle gigging and holding a day job either. Just lately, I'm just thinking that it's all pointless, and I can't even get the motivation to practice my instruments anymore, because I don't see the end goal. Just bored of it all. Bored of my job. Bored of my non eventful weekends.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, HamstersOnWheels! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts