Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can try>>
The Confidence Course : Seven Steps to Self-Fulfillment by Walter Anderson

I got this book at the library and I loved it. It helped me tons with SA and anxiety in general and it also had info on having conversations with people.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Artemis7422 said:
You can try>>
The Confidence Course : Seven Steps to Self-Fulfillment by Walter Anderson

I got this book at the library and I loved it. It helped me tons with SA and anxiety in general and it also had info on having conversations with people.
I checked this book out in the library also...for some reason it didn't have stuff that would have seemed beneficial for me...thanks though....if it helped you...thats wonderful... :)

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PuzzledMike said:
I'm currently working through a book that I find very useful. It's called Conversationally Speaking, by Alan Garner.
It's easy to follow, and has practical advice on how to start and carry on conversations.
I just bought this book....using your link...:lol haven't recieved yet in the mail....looks pretty interesting....hopefully it might help me.... :thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes is a great book which I've learned a lot from

I own Conversationally Speaking, and it seems really nice, I just haven't had the time to read though it. How to Talk to Anyone is just really easy to open up a to random page and learn something useful in a few minutes

·
Registered
560 Posts
Fine art of Small talk, good book... too much story telling and not enough substance. For conversation and building friendships is the old classic, "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Also if you are a single guy, I would recommend some of the dating books, such as "Double your Dating" by David Deangelo..... Its absolutely horrifying to try the techniques in these books but once you do you feel better about yourself, even if it is temporary. But each time you do it, you build confidence.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I speed read Conversationaly Speaking and thought it was good. Only thing I feel like I gained was the social behaviors, open posture, eye contact, so forth. I haven't tried conversing much with people though. But thanks again. I should browse and read the conversation skills chapters over again.

I couldn't fine How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes in my public library so I requested online some other book by the same authors: How to talk to anybody about anything : breaking the ice with everyone from accountants to Zen Buddhists / by Leil Lowndes.

I just requested Fine Art of small talk. Let's see what I gain from it.

I think I quickly speed read How to Win Friends and Influence People once before. It seemed like a good book. I think I should browse it again. I might learn something from it. I just requested that also.

Dating book, for me? I don't think so. I'm not ready for dating or a relationship. But thanks though.

Thanks for the book recommendations. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I need to read a few of these books I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts