Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what was the most recently released book about SA that you read? I always try to read books that are not older than 2005 or later than that because the statistics and other facts probably changed by now.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have the Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook, which is a pretty recent edition. I haven't started reading it yet, but I've flicked through it and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I think the Power of now is really useful for overcoming the bigger portion of sa. Even if you don't embrace the concept at first, when you do, you start to build momentum. Right now my head is so much better... However, there definately will be challenges...the other day there was this 'cute' IT guy I had to ask to connect my laptop on campus.. Although from the outer perception, I know I am perfectly normal, inside it was bad - but not bad enough that I couldn't cope..

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a big fan of workbooks or books that talk about techniques about how to get rid of SA, I like reading a book that has stories of people who have SA, symptoms causes of SA, and just a little of how to get rid of it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A lil while back I finished Diagonally-Parked in a Parallel Universe. I thought it was really good. And I don't enjoy reading much, but I couldn't put it down. There are some exercises in it, but you can always skip over them like I did. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.