Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome new Meetup members! We are an established Group since 2007
At our "open discussion" style meetings, our members discuss and share their stories, treatment and coping techniques. But most important of all, we support each other!

Our Group has grown tremendously since it was started in November of 2007. With proper treatment, this problem can be overcome and manageable! We're here to help each other, so please Join Us!

More Info: http://www.meetup.com/Anxiety-Panic-Attack-Support-Group-Of-Bolingbrook-Naperv/

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been attending this group frequently. My first time there was severely awkward, but the group leader had info of several psychiatrists and professional counselors in the area as well as opinions and history with certain self-help audio CBT programs. Ever since I started going to the counselor and psychiatrist he suggested and going to the group, things have been alot better.

The group is setup like an open discussion. People are free to bring up anything on their mind or just sit and listen. We have discussed anything from medication to possible causes of their anxiety. Meetings are usually an hour and a half long or more (depending on when the meetup site changes their store hours).

·
Registered
16 Posts
How do you get SAS members involved in your area? I live in Lexington, KY and there does not seem to be a whole lot of support groups around. I'm no longer a college student and do not have a substance abuse problem, so that seems to limit the amount of available groups I can attend. Are there any sites you recommend I look at that would have information on groups in my area?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts