Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you clicked on this it must be because you are either struggling with blushing phobia, you know someone who is, or maybe just pure interest. I am a blushing phobic and I know the daily struggles that this can cause. Yesterday I was doing a group project which was a burden for me. I don't like to be forced to socialize because I get really nervous, start to sweat, flush, and my heart beats like crazy...but I did something different this time that did not cause me to flush or blush. I want to tell you so you can try it and see if it works for you in order not to blush. However, this will require deep concentration and focus on the task, otherwise, it is not possible. Okay. So when you find yourself in a social situation you will noticed your heart beating really fast and a lot of things will come to mind. I will need you to block out all those things that come to mind. Don't make eye contact with those around you if it makes you uncomfortable and just focus completely on how fast your heart is beating. When I say completely. I mean deeply make that your central point. Don't worry about blushing and dont put focus on your face just the beating of your heart....and this will be enough for you not to blush whenever you feel like you will. Eventually your heart beat will go back to normal. Again I can't stress enough how much concentration you will need in this....let me know how it works for you. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I blush all the time. Hence the nickname. I hate it when people point it out.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't find blushing to be a problem with girls. I think it's normal and even kind of cute regardless of the situation. But when guys blush, it's deemed bad because society states that we're supposed to be strong and macho and blushing is a sign of weakness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah blushing in girls is acceptable and I do agree with you (the machine) that for guys it is not acceptable, but I mean I wish it were a simple cute blush of the cheeks instead of turning red all over the face ...we just need to relax more and I agree with you blushy...I hate it when people point it out as if I want to know what I already know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts