Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
The second and third points made me laugh because I can totally relate. I get so uncomfortable when people are talking about weird things because I'm so stilted in conversations I worry that they'll think it's because I disagree with what they're saying or am into something weird. I don't know. Haha, but don't worry, I'm sure others can relate as well.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I can personally identify with your first example in terms of homosexuality because it was something that I was very, very insecure about. Multiple times in my early life I was straight out asked if I was gay.

You're not the only one!

·
Banned
76 Posts
you need to learn new ways of calming and relaxing yourself also concentrate more on the other person and less on your reactions to them

people are not passing judgement on you during conversation

·
Banned
583 Posts
Here are three of my problems..

1) I usually panick and blush when someone mention homosexuality, pedophila, zoophilia, necrophilia or his/her family member.. I'm scared s/he will misunderstand me and think I'm a homosexual, pedophile or zoophile or think that I have sexual fantasies about his/her family members.

2) Sometimes I involuntary laugh when someone mention or carry a cucumber, carrot or sasuage while talking to me.. I'm scared s/he will see me as a pervert. :(

3) I panick and act weird if I have a conversation with someone while carrying a knife or another dangerous thing that can be used to kill someone. I'm worried it will make her/him think I want to stab her/him with it.

Does anybody else have any of these problem? or is it only me? :|
1)This happens to me too, but, think about it, how many times a day do people actually talk about pedophilia or necrophilia? It's not something that truly affects your life, and it's always very simple to say that you're not comfortable talking about these topics if anyone has a problem with your lack of input.

2)Can't say I find fruits or vegetables amusing, but again, it's not something that'll be problematic in your life...

3)Then put the knife down. I seriously doubt the person thinks you're going to kill them if you're holding a knife. If they do, they're the one who have problems.

These thoughts used to trouble me a lot when I was younger, but now I see that they're not things that commonly happen in my life, so they don't affect me. Don't think about this.

Take care!

·
Registered
24 Posts
it happens to me as well... sometimes, when looking at children with their parents i don't want to look at them "too long" to not be seen a certain way,,,, im not a pedophile and I just care about kids... the things i seem to be able to "control" with my glances and stares..

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
When people discuss anything dealing with sex around me I get uncomfortable. I believe they'll notice that I have nothing to contribute to the conversation and call me out on it. It's happened before, and I usually just respond by making some dumb joke or trying to change the subject. It's embarrassing.

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
Here are three of my problems..

1) I usually panick and blush when someone mention homosexuality, pedophila, zoophilia, necrophilia or his/her family member.. I'm scared s/he will misunderstand me and think I'm a homosexual, pedophile or zoophile or think that I have sexual fantasies about his/her family members.

2) Sometimes I involuntary laugh when someone mention or carry a cucumber, carrot or sasuage while talking to me.. I'm scared s/he will see me as a pervert. :(

3) I panick and act weird if I have a conversation with someone while carrying a knife or another dangerous thing that can be used to kill someone. I'm worried it will make her/him think I want to stab her/him with it.

Does anybody else have any of these problem? or is it only me? :|
Read the last sentence in each of your list of 3 problems. Each one is a maladaptive thought. Realize these thoughts are totally wrong. There is no way someone thinks you are a pervert because they are holding a cucumber, lol. Just read those sentences and see how ridiculous they are. Everyone has their own maladaptive thoughts, its just a matter of identifying them and realizing they are wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts