Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Fogie
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAS FAQ said:
The Restrict entry viewing to Contacts and Blog Moderators option will restrict the viewing of an entry to just those members on your contact list and to Blog moderators. This allows you to leave your blog open to all members but still have the ability to restrict viewing on an entry to entry basis.
This is not entirely true. On an entry that is restricted to Contacts and Blog Moderators, the first section of the entry is viewable by all members. The only difference is that those not on the users contact list will be unable to continue reading the entire entry by clicking on the "continue" link. I think the FAQ should be rewritten. Blog members should be aware that their restricted entries are not completely restricted.

Note: This seems to occur only with blogs that are public (to registered members) but where an individual entry is selected to be viewed only by Contacts and Moderators.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm going to bring it to the attention of the vB team. In the mean time I've modified the FAQ to address this.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I did some checking. I made the latest entry in my blog private. I then looked at it to see how I see it. I then sent Phread (guinea pig) to look at it. These are the results:As you can see, Phread was unable to see the private entry at all.

Attachments

·
Old Fogie
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what happened in my case: I asked a person who is not on my contact list to view my blog. They did this by clicking on the Blogs link at the top of the main forum page. They then clicked on Total Blogs at the Blogs page. They then found my blog in the list and clicked on it. They were able to see both of my blog entries, the public one and the private one. However, when they clicked on the continue link for the private blog they got a message informing them that they were not authorized to view the blog. I will try this test again later to confirm.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Have you removed an entry because I only see 1.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
I see what you mean. I ran the same test as before following the steps that you outlined. Phread was able to read the 1st portion of the private entry but he got the "no permissions" message when he clicked on continue reading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts