Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ring BT, i'm sure that's what we did a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
On my phone, which is a Sony Ericsson, there is an option to create a list of numbers which you will accept calls from, and then you won't receive calls from any numbers that aren't on the list. It's not ideal, and I don't know if other phones have the same option, but that's all I can think of, short of calling your cellphone provider and asking them to block it, which I don't know if they will.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Who are you trying to block?

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I keep getting scam calls and it's really annoying. I hate answering my phone to begin with, so this simply adds to my aversion. I often get calls from numbers I don't recognize, and I have to answer because it might be a client or something. The only thing is, apparently some company has my number and they're calling from various locations to try and scam me, so.... I don't know. I googled one of the numbers, and a lot of other people have been receiving these calls.
If you can't block the number many phones have an option to pick a specific ring or beep for certain numbers if you program it as such. That way you'll at least know not to answer if you hear that beep or whatever
That's a good idea. I'll probably just have to do that.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Contact your cell provider and complain. They can certainly trace back the company that keeps doing this. Go on the no call list if you have to but if they keep on calling you sue them. Or just threaten to sue and they'll stop.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I keep getting scam calls and it's really annoying. I hate answering my phone to begin with, so this simply adds to my aversion. I often get calls from numbers I don't recognize, and I have to answer because it might be a client or something. The only thing is, apparently some company has my number and they're calling from various locations to try and scam me, so.... I don't know. I googled one of the numbers, and a lot of other people have been receiving these calls.
There's this one that I keep getting that says the factory warranty on my car is about to expire. This one annoys the hell out of me, but its impossible to block because they have used several different numbers.... blah

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's this one that I keep getting that says the factory warranty on my car is about to expire. This one annoys the hell out of me, but its impossible to block because they have used several different numbers.... blah
I've been getting that one, too.
The NRA keeps calling my home number to harass me, and others call my cell, so it doesn't matter what phone I use... there's someone on the other end pissing me off.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
I seriously just got the same phone call! How do they get your cell phone number, and who's calling I wonder! I really don't understand who's sending out that message. :mum

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I get that call like 5 times a day, use to be only every now and then but its really escalated these past few days.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
its just a car insurance scam for all I know, I keep hanging up to. I know someone on xbox live who gets it, called back real fast and actually got a real person, as soon as he asked whats up with them they hung up fast. My grandpa talked to att about it when it first happened and there response was that cell phone numbers are now available to the public. I used to get obama campain calls way back a few months before election, that and these car insurance ones are the only ones I got so far.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
It is really pissing me off though, I wish this large level scamming phone calls was a federal offence so I could call the feds and have them send out a party van to where this place may be.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I investigated about a year ago, and apparently there's no way to block a number as a T-Mobile customer in the US. The best I could do is add the number to my phone book, give it a garbage name, and make the ring tone silent.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I get those calls, too. My solution is not to pick up if I don't recognize the number. I have certain ring tones for everyone in my phone(I even add ones to people who I know will call me temporarily), so if it's the standard ring, I know it's someone who shouldn't have my number anyway, so I don't even answer. Cuts down on me being frustrated when I answer the phone.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
I just got another call from them and tried to call back. At first it said the number was busy, then the second time it said the number is not in service. This is right after they called me.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
So, they keep calling me. I waited until the end, when it said to press 1 to speak with a rep. I pressed 1 and waited nervously. Someone answered and I said, "Who do you work for?" and the guy hung up because it's obviously illegal what they're doing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts