Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've never ever owned a Blockbuster card/account but I've been wanting to rent DVDs since 4EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! and so I want to open an account, but I know that like everyone has an blockbuster account, and I know that when I go to sign up for one, I'm gonna sound like an clueless idiot to the college boy kids who cashier the one near where I live, so I just want to know the details of having a blockbuster card

-What do I do, just ask to open an account?
-Annual card fee?
-is there a charge for just opening the account itself?
-how much are dvd/game movie rentals?

any other stuff that I should know so I don't make myself sound like an uncool foreigner to these kids, cuz that'd really make my SA kick in hardcore?

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Perhaps this site will help...

http://www.blockbuster.com/

I don't even bother with video stores anymore... a lot of supermarkets have vending machines that rent movies for $1. The only catch - you need a credit card. "Redbox" is popular, you should check here to see if any are nearby.: http://www.redbox.com/

·
SAS Membr
1,082 Posts
Blockbuster accounts are free, you just need to fill out a paper. You should look into Redbox though, it's much cheaper if you have one near you.

I've had Netflix for over a year now and it's pretty much the best thing ever. It's nice to not have to go anywhere to rent a movie :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
redbox is the way to go, $1 per night, and they have them almost everywhere, I would look into that. If you want to go another route then paying a monthy fee for unlimited online rentals is the way to go( ex:netflix). Seriously, blockbuster still charges like $4 to rent a movie, it is by far the most expensive way to do it and its hard to image they haven't lowed prices to compete with redbox and subscription rentals. Sorry to not be of help, just my personal advice.

For redbox you should go to the site and check for ones in your area, once you confirm you have some nearby just set up a account with a email address and credit/debit card, its free to sign up, card is initially needed just to make the account and your receipts will be emailed also. Once you signup you can use the site to click on a local redbox and reserve movies listed in stock and pick them up within 24 hours, you would pay online and just pick it up at the box, or just go to a box and swipe your card and pay and rent there. Still have to have an account already made online with your card though. Its all machine so no need to worry about looking like an idiot. Its $1 per night and it stops after $25 if you fail to return it( so don't woory about owning hundred if you loose one).

prices at blockbuster:

Movies will be in the $4-5 dollar range, you can keep new releases 2 days and older ones for 5 last I remember

Games were about $8 to rent last time, may have went up though, they do that. I think its for 5 days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I absolutely love to rent DVDs because I am of the opinion that this is much cheaper than buying it and I would only watch it ones and then never again. So it would be senseless for me to buy DVDs. I actually do not have a Blockbuster card but maybe I will create an account prospectively. Generally I like to rent things online because it is very convenient and fast. In two weeks I will actually hire a trailer online, that is a bit bigger than a DVD. :b Hopefully everything works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts