Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this christian online friend (I am also a christian) I've been talking to online for about a year now and we talk about almost anything and we can have a joke and that, and we have disagreements and boss each other. I see her as my online best friend.
She's someone I feel comfortable to talk too even if it is just online. Maybe if I spoke to her on the phone it would be weird for a while but I may get comfortable and enjoy it and then she'll be a really real friend then not just an online friend. She wants to met up with me too, she lives 2 hours away from me in Portsmouth. And wants to go on holiday with me too, which I would love but I don't want my SA to get in the way. (She knows I have SA btw and she's told me she abit shy herself and not too good in reallife with people she doesn't know and she's even had someone say to her "Your so quiet.")

Yesterday night she introduced me to one of her online female friends that she has been friends with for about 6 years. And we had a threesome group conversation and we clicked right away and was joking and that. I have also spoken to the two of them tonight and had a laugh. They are really good friends. It would be lovely to have them as a reallife friend too if it wasn't for our distances. This other one lives in Scotland and is also a christian.
I would be worried if we did meet up together, I wouldn't be how I am online because of my SA would show through. This other one knows I have SA in reallife too.
I would love to be able to just click with someone in reallife like that, within a few hours of meeting them, we are having a great laugh together. It seems easier online than in reallife and for some reason my online friends are much nicer than people in reallife.

I am just really blessed to have such wonderful online friends. People I can joke, have a laugh with when I can't do that with people in reallife. :)

Makes me feel I have had experience with having that laughing, joking mucking around typed friendship with people.

Maybe if I did meet up with them, my SA would'nt exist and get in the way, because I have had such a good time whilst talking to them online it wouldn't be a problem :)

Has anyone else got any good online friends?

·
On Standby...
76 Posts
Yeah, i think i prefer my online friends to my real life friends, i m actually closer with them because i can talk to them more easily.

·
Daydreaming
586 Posts
Yep. I have 3 good online friends. We can be serious and we can be funny and not so serious. I tell two of them practically everything. Im so thankful for them, they are my only friends. I've known them for 4 years, the other I've known for 4 months. I've heard their voices before, seen pictures, they've seen videos of me...but I don't know if we could ever meet. I just think if we knew eachother in person, it wouldn't be the same. One of them has social anxiety, the one I just recently met. The others also have some anxiety too. Sometimes we even send eachother snail mail.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. I have 3 good online friends. We can be serious and we can be funny and not so serious. I tell two of them practically everything. Im so thankful for them, they are my only friends. I've known them for 4 years, the other I've known for 4 months. I've heard their voices before, seen pictures, they've seen videos of me...but I don't know if we could ever meet. I just think if we knew eachother in person, it wouldn't be the same. One of them has social anxiety, the one I just recently met. The others also have some anxiety too. Sometimes we even send eachother snail mail.
Only my friend who I had been speaking to for a year has seen me on webcam. I may let my new friend view me on webcam too soon, because she also has a webcam...I think.
They have seen pics of me too, like in my MSN display pic and through facebook. And I've seen pics of them.
I think my new friend is outgoing though, or she sounds outgoing anyway. My friend I've known for a year is shy, but not SA typed.

·
SAS Nonmember
148 Posts
At the moment pretty much all my friends are online friends, except for one. You're lucky that you actually live reasonably close to yours... of the 2 or 3 that I might actually be inclined to hang out with if it were possible, 1 lives in the same country but an 8+ hour drive away and the other 2 are overseas.

I feel like it's so much easier to connect with people online. The people I meet IRL are just not like that. I might have acquaintances I make small talk with and join in social activities that I really don't have a lot of interest in in the first place, but it's just not the same thing as someone you can talk to for 4 hours and not notice the passage of time. =/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts