Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I'm new, kinda just testing the waters atm though. I wanna see how many people will actually talk to me on here.
Anyways, yeah I'm self diagnosed with social anxiety, used to be a lot worse, much better now though, but still not to my liking. I'm sure I'll get there one day though.
I'll say one thing, this site has some nice smileys!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I'm self diagnosed too.
Not entirely sure what it is, but I'm intrigued about you. Perhaps we could talk sometime if you don't find that an unappealing prospect.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's probably my sarcastic humor and overall sex appeal, I bet.
But you're wearing sunglasses and seem to be sticking your tongue out...that scares me a little :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Perhaps the first, the second has yet to be proven. I'm surprised it wasn't the lack of a nose or the disturbing question of how the hell the sunglasses are staying on when I apparently have no ears.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Usually between 8 AM and 6 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. I like to keep it in moderation, you know?

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, you totally took my word: "pft"

:sus - just so wrong.

erm. I'm kinda new around here myself. I have noticed there are a majority
of very quiet, shy people - kind of hard to accomplish things on a forum
that way. And some that really get me down because they hate on themselves
hard! It can be depressing. I usually use a few threads to air out my feelings
but that's about it. Maybe you will come across some cool people hopefully.
Pft is my word now!
Just keep reminding yourself that your life is better than theirs, and it won't be so depressing...more like happy. That's what I'm gonna do!

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well you don't have to tell them your life is better...just secretly know that it is :p
I actually wonder if everyone on here has social problems....just from the way some of them are posting, they seem very comfortable in internet forums. Course there's a major difference between that and real life, but still.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Social problems are a pretty broad subject. Tons of people here function perfectly fine mentally, but are just daunted by the directness of face to face interaction. 'Sides, way I see it is this forum is pretty much for anyone feeling like an outcast. Our own little island of misfit toys so to speak.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Social problems are a pretty broad subject. Tons of people here function perfectly fine mentally, but are just daunted by the directness of face to face interaction. 'Sides, way I see it is this forum is pretty much for anyone feeling like an outcast. Our own little island of misfit toys so to speak.
Yeah I understand what you're saying. From the way I talk on here, I suppose no one could tell I'm fearful of some outside things too. I am though, and only wish to be as I am online in the real world.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is true. Some people are way more comfortable or social on the internet,
but honestly, and you will see for yourself, there are many people here with
serious issues and even have a hard time being social online. I have even
read a thread once where people were afraid to open emails.
For myself, I came here because someone I knew did.
And then I discovered a thread called "say something to someone you are
too afraid to say" ....paraphrasing....and I started using it as a journal....kind
of...so then I expanded to other threads.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong...but I do learn things and I try to help
where I can. I have had some SA, but it was due to low self esteem.
I would get extremely nervous when people look at me, and I'm
an attractive woman...so...combine the two and it sucks.
But now that I am getting over certain things and have grown personally,
I still get shy and nervous at times, but not to the extreme I once did.

...and I am talking WAY to much because I need to go to bed.

welcome to SA...support...thingy.... :um
I'm kinda in the same boat as thinking that I'm not the worse person in the world with this problem. And I'm only self diagnosed, I wouldn't want to see a shrink or doctor to actually tell me I have it. I just have the symptoms. So there are people worse than me, but I do feel good about having a place to share my problems with. And be among others who know exactly where I'm coming from. Other places I'm not comfortable with revealing all this about myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I understand what you're saying. From the way I talk on here, I suppose no one could tell I'm fearful of some outside things too. I am though, and only wish to be as I am online in the real world.
Eh everyone's afraid of something. Being different and becoming ostracized and persecuted because of it appears to reign supreme here. Although I do differ from your goal in that I don't believe it's I who has to change in order to be seen for who I am, but others. Not that I'm a fanatic or anarchist of any sort. I just find certain popular values of today are detrimental to the things that I hold dear. If that's not too much insight for you. Not intending to make this about me.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eh everyone's afraid of something. Being different and becoming ostracized and persecuted because of it appears to reign supreme here. Although I do differ from your goal in that I don't believe it's I who has to change in order to be seen for who I am, but others. Not that I'm a fanatic or anarchist of any sort. I just find certain popular values of today are detrimental to the things that I hold dear. If that's not too much insight for you. Not intending to make this about me.
You mean the lack of morals in society? Yeah I feel ya. I just need to learn to be more outgoing, but of course my morals will remain intact, always. My solution is I just don't wanna associate with anyone that would do drugs or drink excessively. And if I can't find anyone like that, well then I'll just remain a loner. I've been one all my life, so it's quite easy to do. Pick your friends wisely...that's my basic plan of interaction.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey CarrotStix welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, CarrotStix! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi!!! Me too. self diagnosed. I least we are one of the lucky ones. Some people have it and don't even know. They just keep living under that heavy rock. I had it for years and had no clue what was wrong with me until I realized this is not the real me. What is wrong with me?? Hoping to break free one day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts