Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for about 2 years I have an an oncoming set of symptoms that have gotten worse and worse. I got my blood tested at least 3 times, got a head scan to rule out brain tumor and these symptoms just get worse it seems almost every month. Symptoms like memory loss, chronic fatigue, dizziness, slurred speech, brain fog, neck tics/spasms, constant nausea, a tickle or feeling like I need to cough but don't actually have a bad cough. Also insomnia and I do not feel rested no matter how much I sleep. I almost want to say I feel like im dieing

It hadn't occurred to me until more recent that maybe the issue might be an environmental problem of black mold or something else. As the people I like with have developed similar symptoms slower than I have. I have noticed what looks like black mold on parts of the ceiling and shower.

I posted pics cause maybe someone knows how bad it looks, Im not sure what I can do about this, bleach hasn't done much and I can't afford to move at all, im broke as hell.

·
Lone Demon
1,330 Posts
ow **** o.o my bedroom has one big fat black spot and a few smaller ones, I hope this is nothing to serious. Because now I read this, I too have a headache pretty much always.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ow **** o.o my bedroom has one big fat black spot and a few smaller ones, I hope this is nothing to serious. Because now I read this, I too have a headache pretty much always.
Im not sure how serious it is, which is why im asking. This might not be the best place to be asking about mold though, not many people seem to be knowledgeable about it.

·
Lone Demon
1,330 Posts
Im not sure how serious it is, which is why im asking. This might not be the best place to be asking about mold though, not many people seem to be knowledgeable about it.
Either way, mine is gone. I used some product. I sprayed it on, waited ten minutes and when I came back the area which I sprayed was 100% clean of mold. I washed it a bit and then dried it off and done.

Of course, this was more of the 'hardcore' stuff, so I had to keep my mouth protected(no inhaling), eyes(never know), and the likes.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
If you don't have the money to fix it, and you are broke, and don't have a landlord who you can force to fix it try using some Flex Seal. Its like $10-$20 a can depending on where you get it and you just spray the liquid rubber onto everything to cover up the cracks. It won't get rid of the mold but at least you can lock in into the walls until you can either fix it or move elsewhere.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/68140-flex-seal-liquid-rubber-sealant-coating-aerosol-can.html

Ps, I am not a handyman or know anything about home repairs lol.

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
Bleach , vinegar , tee tree oil can all get rid of mold all diluted a bit of course but the problem usually come back if there is a lot of humidity in the bathroom so that needs to be dryer out and ventilated when showering , exhaust fan , once you have attacked it and keep on it constantly the source will need to be removed . Seeing as it's an older house I'd just seal all cracks and entry points , repaint with a proper bathroom mold resistant paint and do a total scrub down at least once a week . You probably won't get rid of it totally but you can keep it out of your bathroom and stop ingesting its nasty little spawns .
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
After you clear out the mold, which is a serious health issue, paint over and seal the areas, so moisture cannot into the cracks. I'd wear a mask when you clear it out, and be thorough.

If you are renting, it may be something to take up with the landlord.

Mold is everywhere, all the time, absolutely, and we cannot escape the stuff, but when it takes root somewhere and the concentrations get high, it very very bad for the health. The second you leave cheese out in the open and it starts to collect mold, that's because mold is floating in the air non-stop, basically everywhere. It simply needs to find the right conditions to thrive.

Im not sure how serious it is, which is why im asking.
It's serious.

Hey guys, for about 2 years I have an an oncoming set of symptoms that have gotten worse and worse. I got my blood tested at least 3 times, got a head scan to rule out brain tumor and these symptoms just get worse it seems almost every month.
Funny how taking your own health into your own hands is important at times. Hospitals, doctors, and medicine are really only going to offer help with life threatening illness and disease. Emergencies.

Things such as mold that effect the quality of ones life is not really something they can do anything about. Worst case, yeah you could die from the mold, but you'd need significantly higher concentrations and by then it'd probably be too late.

Anyways, that's why if you ever go kicking around ruins, or abandoned areas, asbestos is something to look out for, but the mold is the real health threat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts